Leads and coaches staff within an assigned unit of Information Services performing requirements definition, analysis, design, construction, field and infrastructure support and implementation of new and modifications to existing information and communication systems to enhance and support business processes and meet information needs. Supports planning and coordinates prioritization for systems and technology implementations. Ensures integration of new and existing information and communication systems through overall systems architecture. Balances preferred technical architecture and business requirements to provide effective systems solutions. Resolves complex operational issues and recommends and implements viable alternatives and solutions. Ensures customer satisfaction.
- BS in Computer Science, Business or related degree or equivalent work experience. An additional eight to ten (8-10) years progressively responsible related experience in area/s of assignment is required to obtain an advancedunderstanding of information and/or communication systems, operating systems, network communications, equipment and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated high quality oral, written and presentation communication skills, high quality interpersonal and people management skills, and demonstrated experience in project management.
- Extensive experience in the development, integration, and support of information and communication systems applications, distributed and mainframe environments, network architecture and sub-systems, distributed and mainframe server architectures cross platform interfaces.
- Extensive experience in information systems methodologies, systems guidelines & architectures, and technologies.
Preferred Knoweldge and Qualifications
- Manages and provides daily direction for the EMS Operations Support team (EOS). This team is responsible for the Data integrity of critical SCADA systems, needed to help run the grid.
- Manages and provides daily direction for the Telecom desk team. This team is responsible for remote support for a statewide communication transport system, which . They Monitor and provide remote support to Field services Technician statewide. The technologies include Microwave, Fiber Optics, Mux and Communication sites throughout the state of AZ, all of which carry highly critical traffic and require 24x7 support.
- Provides review and oversight of All IT critical changes and approval of IT’S Emergency changes. Work directly with the IT Change Advisory Board, (CAB).
- Works closely with the Business, Energy Control Center (ECC), Distribution Operations Center (DOC), and the Customer Care Center (CCC) to insure the availability and reliability expectations are met.
- Manages and oversees the Enterprise and Real time systems Data Centers along with the Backup centers, is the Administrator for the Iron Mountain Data Center.
- Provides oversight and direction in the continuous development of the Integrated Operation Center, this comprises of provide updates to the Directors and General Manager of Physical and Cyber Security
- Coordinates all outside company changes that may impact IT, ECC, DOC or CCC.
- Is accountable for the PVNG Data storage in the data Center, Annually SOX audit, Monthly review of authorized access.
- Manage a 24x7x365 Integrated Network Operation Center’s (NOC), Communications Desk, and EMS Operations Support shift operations and personnel.
- Ensure that the NOC goes beyond what is required as defined by Service Level Agreements
- Further develop process and procedures within the NOC.
- Update and maintain documentation associated with processes and procedures (run books).
- Continuously improve and develop systems to proactively monitor the infrastructure we manage.
- Manage the troubleshooting of major issues with NOC monitoring tools.
- NOC Supervisor will report to this position.
- Coordinate efforts to identify root cause and recommend solutions.
- Work with Facilities to ensure proper Governance of Data Center facilities power, cooling and structured cabling requirements.
- Manage and coordinate monthly maintenance.
- Provides leadership and coordination on projects assigned.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within the Data Center and Enterprise; recommend prioritized enhancements and oversee implementation.
- Strong experience in process and process development including the development and measurement of KPI’s.
- Ensure that systemic issues have appropriate resolution paths.
- Identify and document root cause for priority issues.
- Generate key reports for management including but not limited to: system availability, service level agreements, ticket resolution and customer issues.
- Work alongside and ensure mentoring of NOC Supervisor is occurring to ensure all staff is acquiring the necessary skill sets to perform their job functions and meet departmental and individual goals.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.