Performs advanced level and/or managerial professional internal auditing work. Work involves managing or conducting informational technology audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; and providing training, coaching and supervision to internal audit staff. Responsible for identifying technology risk, and independently evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of informational technology infrastructure and application controls, including security and internal controls. The Manager, Information Technology (IT) Auditor may also be expected to assist with operational, financial, and compliance audit projects. Other projects will include, but not be limited to, M&A due diligence, fraud investigations, pre and post-IT installation reviews. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment. The Manager, IT Internal Auditor reports to the Vice President, Internal Audit and Chief Compliance Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and evaluates the organization’s risk areas and provides key input to the development of the annual audit plan.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via writtenreports and oral presentations to management.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Represents internal audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings, and with external organizations.
- Plans and executes audits of various technology platforms and evaluates IT internal controls and works collaboratively with management to identify actions needed.
- Conducts data extraction, analysis, and security reviews utilizing software tools.
- Acts as liaison with IT business partners to ensure full understanding of data flow, data integrity, and system security.
- Assesses information technology control elements to mitigate IT risks regarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of business information.
- Performs related work as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Engineering, Finance or Accounting
- 6-8years’ relevant work experience in audit or consulting
- Able and willing to travel extensively, domestically and internationally
- MBA or similar advanced degree is a plus
- CISA and/or CISSP
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Public accounting and auditing experience or internal auditexperience at a publicly traded corporation preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: system auditing, privacy, cyber-security, cloud, software development, supply chain/manufacturing systems and processes, mergers and acquisitions, large project systems integration (e.g. ERP) and data analytics.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, and to manage and coordinate multiple project assignments and multiple teams simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability in order to deliver on commitments.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to take charge, to interact confidently with all levels, to set objectives, and to drive results while working as a team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of departments.