With the increased need to effectively work together in a virtual workplace setting, coupled with propensity of technology change creates, it’s immensely rewarding to play the lead role in keeping team members connected through the power of collaboration technologies.
Within TMTS team, the Team Member Collaboration Technologies DevOps (TMCTDO) team is responsible for the design and implementation of collaboration technologies. Specifically, this team is constantly envisioning how to use technologies, platforms and cloud services to enable a digital transformation for our team members to collaborate effectively and work with others across TELUS seamlessly - wherever and whenever they need to.
This is an exciting time to be part of our mission to leverage the power of technologies to connect team members together to serve TELUS customers. The possibilities are endless for a collaboration technology enthusiast who is full of ideas and the delivery-focused mindset to execute them!
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As the Manager, Information Services - TMCTDO, you will chart the roadmaps and lead a team of technology experts to develop and implement collaboration technology solutions that support new and evolving services for team members and TELUS services that serve our customers. The mandate spans leading the development and evolution of corporate email services, in office and at home video collaboration solutions, file sharing, document co-collaboration, chat and messaging services, and corporate voice services. You will lead the team to leverage a cloud first architecture strategy to enable new features and services for team members. Guided by DevOps and cloud-native approaches, combined with a deep understanding of technology and architectural roadmaps, you will define priorities, map deliverables, and strengthen our culture of reliability by design. Your thought leadership, early recognition and translation of emerging trends in cloud based collaboration technologies into strategies, will position TELUS as leaders in employee engagement and collaboration.
- Lead, coach, develop and inspire a diverse team of technology specialists, analysts and architects who operate with a DevOps and cloud-first mindset
- Influence collaboration technology strategy by constantly evaluating cutting edge technology solutions through the use of POC's and research methodologies
- Lead transformational programs that improve the collaboration technology experience aligned with the needs of a modern virtual workforce
- Support complex technologies and systems including but not limited to Google Workspace, SLACK, Cisco Telepresence, Cisco Voice, Cisco Webex, Microsoft Sharepoint and Microsoft Exchange
- Seamlessly facilitate the complex rollout of new technologies organization wide including corporate email migration to a cloud based email provider, major and minor feature releases within Google Workspace and upgrades to existing technologies
- Instill a culture of reliability by design by driving change leadership to support the evolution of our collaboration technologies and associated services to our customers
- Exemplify financial stewardship through budget planning, execution processes and governance
- Build strong relationships across cross functional teams, customers, stakeholders and external partners in order to achieve successful outcomes for everyone
- Act as a “hands on” resource assisting your team and adjacent teams to troubleshoot complex problems and incidents impacting collaboration technologies and services
- Present and effectively communicate project execution, program status and/or issues to key stakeholders, including executives
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Recognized as a people leader who coaches and develops team members to build high performance and team engagement
- Valued for your 7 or more years of experience in Information Technology operations
- Respected for your extensive experience with cloud based collaboration technology solutions such as Google Workspace, SLACK and Cisco Webex
- Noted to have a deep understanding of IT operations best practices including network and security fundamentals
- Known to have strong project management skills and a track record of successful project execution
- Skilled at translating business needs into technical solutions whilst challenging the status quo
- Well versed at utilizing processes improvement frameworks and methodologies to simplify complex problems and processes
- Sought out for your analytical, troubleshooting and decision-making to identify and resolve conflicts, issues and problems (people, process and technology)
- Known to be a strong communicator who inspire and influence others, and tell the story to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels can inspire and influence
- University graduate with a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
- Google Workspace certification
- Experience in migrating email services from on premise architectures to cloud based email architectures