Manages teams responsible for developing and delivering IT solutions for the business and customers; analyzes trends in technology and the impact of emerging technologies on the business; provides assessments and solutions to address technology and business issues; manages financial resources of the company while ensuring the development of high-quality, low-cost technology solutions aligned with customer and business needs; and establishes relationships with employees and key stakeholders (internal and external).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and mentors staff of employees that may consist of other supervisors, consultants and professional staff at the business function level.
- Accountable for hardware and/or software planning, vendor selection, acquisition, Tier 3 problem resolution, set-up integration, testing and installation.
- Contributes to the development of annual technology solution plans. Assesses customer requirements; analyzes the architecture of business events and data that support the architecture; evaluates possible solutions; and presents recommendations to management.
- Works with business units to set priorities and annual investments. Responsible for all aspects of budget for supported products and services.
- Contributes to and influences the development of standards and decisions regarding changes to systems/applications and provides technical and business expertise.
- Manages all aspects of systems analysis, design, development, installation, maintenance, and enhancement for mission-critical application systems for an assigned business unit/area.
- Resolves customer technical problems; develops the technical related responses to Requests for Quotes (RFQ's); address technical product issues, delivering and installing new software releases.
- Develop project resourcing strategies, allocating budget, staff, tools, and specialized support necessary for cost-effective implementation and training. Provides direction and integrate activities with other IT departments; ensure successful implementation and support.
- Works with departments supported to establish performance metrics to ensure needs are being properly met. Monitors and analyzes performance metrics, sharing results with users.
- Responsible for vendor management and contract negotiation of supported products and services. Participates on advisory level counsels to drive strategy and roadmap for supported product and services.
- Organizes and coordinates the activities associated with installation, deployment and upgrade of software, hardware and networkfacilities as it relates to the environment.
- Manage the technical interface to the business unit/customers, to include RFQ specification review, hand-son testing and modeling and interfacing with development for systems design.
- Works to ensure technology solutions are compliant with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- Build and maintain good relationships with customers; ensure processes are integrated to support expected customer needs and service levels.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the assigned area. Provides leadership, direction and growth opportunities to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, disciplining team members and resolving problems.
- Manages the development and delivery of training for internal IT and external users to ensure productive use of existing and new systems
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace. Shift First Alternate Location Minimum Requirements
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience in two or more organizations or two lines of business within same organization
Minimum Education:Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
Minimum Experience: 8 years of IT work experience including supervising team(s) responsible for software application and/or business unit support.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Possesses a combination of business, behavioral, and technical leadership skills, the most important being an understanding of the customers' business needs, processes, and functions.
- Experience in supervising support operations for a multi-site environment, budget and expense management, and contract management.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word