The Mgr Info Security Architecture and Engineering is responsible for leading and managing info sec security architecture and engineering team. Additionally, provide strategic direction and leadershipto MGI's IT Infrastructure, cyber intelligence, security initiatives, and regulatory requirements focusing on improving processes, reducing audit times, lowering costs, and mitigating risks to the company, its employees, clients, and assets while identifying new business opportunities and meeting financial goals.
- Oversees the Information Security engineering function, including the security monitoring of IT systems under the corporation's control and delegates leading security solutions implementations.
- Provides management and support for the Information Security Engineering staff, participates in and contributes to other areas within the department as needed.
- Leads the development, maintenance & implementation processes for all security platforms.
- Ensures compliance and monitoring of all company services and systems to assure IT Security practices and policies are implemented.
- Collaborates with Legal, Internal Audit, Compliance, and Fraud.
- Assists in retrieving, monitoring and/or recording activities of individuals or groups who are involved in incidents that violate corporate policies, requirements, and applicable laws.
- Leads, coaches and provides direction to a team of security professionals.
- Ensures the team is cohesive and aligned towards the same goals within Information Security and overall Technology Solutions.
- Partners and builds relationships with other Technology Services departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS, preferred or equivalent work experience.
- CISSP or related certification preferred.
- 5-7 years' Information Security experience.
- 3-5 years' management experience.
- 2 years of hands-on experience managing or overseeing the management of small to mid-sized information technology projects.
- Experience in providing IT security in a heavily regulated environment in insurance, financial services or health care preferred.
- Knowledge of security issues, vulnerabilities, regulatory and legal changes, and security standards that may impact information security.
- Strong knowledge of regulations and their implications and mitigating measures.
- Working familiarity with information technology systems in more than one domain of security architecture or technology.
- A broad understanding of computer and communication systems and networks and their interrelationships.
- Knowledge of business, application, information and enterprise architecture responsibilities, principles and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others while achieving results in generating high morale.
- Demonstrated ability to build a strong, cohesive team and collaborate across difference business units.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly, precisely and in a highly focused manner.
- Strong facilitation experience and skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
- Previous hands on security technical experience, preferred.
- Previous experience building a security strategy, preferred.