In this position you will:
- Provide centralized oversight and supervision across the PHC service area facilities and accountable for the development, implementation, and management of a comprehensive Infection Prevention Program in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
- Provide advanced professional and clinical leadership direction on all infection prevention and epidemiology matters across the organization.
- Determine infection prevention control quality improvement goals and objectives.
- Provide education for physicians, core leaders and caregivers related to epidemiology and infection control issues and functions as a resource person within Providence Health Care.
- Collaborate with epidemiology/infection control personnel in the local and regional health is expected, related to identifying trends and patterns in the community and/or in designing action plans to address community outbreaks.
- Complete an annual risk assessment and infection control plan for each ministry.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current, unencumbered Washington state Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current certification in Infection Control
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in nursing with 5 years in acute care setting
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in progressive leadership and management roles
- Working Knowledge of Infection Control through the Association of Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) and Society of Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Epidemiology, Public Health or Healthcare Administration, or enrolled in a master’s level program.