United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an excellent opportunity for a Manager in Training (MIT) who is ready to grow their career with the leader in the industry. As a MIT, you will be assigned to a branch or multiple branches and will learn all aspects of branch operations and business planning, which include:
* Exposure to all areas of business operation such as customer service, sales and marketing, management and human resources.
* Demonstrate superior customer service skills; implementing effective retail displays and branch marketing efforts.
* Assist the Branch Manager in the preparation of monthly profit and loss statements and yearly budgets.
* Learn to utilize internal reporting tools to optimize branch financial performance.
* Coordinate activities between branch departments to optimize productivity.
* Manage personnel matters as directed by Branch Manager.
* Supervise facility inspection, inventory and fleet maintenance for rental ready status.
* Ensure workplace safety; by supporting the Branch Manager in overseeing safety matters and compliance audits including: personnel safety training, OSHA compliance, DOT regulation and manage drug and alcohol testing.
Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position paves the way for advancement into the role of Branch Manager.
* Ability to relocate. You will be expected to relocate (with assistance) to an available branch management position within the assigned district or region.
* Superior customer service skills.
* 3-5 years business management experience.
* Strong sales and operational experience.
* An understanding of business accounting principles, including budget preparation.
* Diligent attention to safety is required as is certification in "Competent Person Training," "Confined Space Training" and "IVES forklift."
* Knowledge of the construction equipment rental industry and working knowledge of Trench Safety or Pump Power, and HVAC related products is preferred.
* A Bachelor's degree.