- Defines high-impact, long-term (i.e., 2-5+ year horizon) business strategies at the corporate, business, and/or regional level. Partners with senior management to identify existing operational and new business opportunities, including market development, investment prioritization, and Mergers & Acquisitions and other growth strategies.
- Monitors external factors during strategic development, including market forces, macro/microeconomic factors, and competitive implications.
- Works with and manages cross-functional project teams.
- Conducts rigorous, data-driven analyses to diagnose the current state and model future outcomes for business performance.
- Develops recommendations for senior management based on competitive market, financial, statistical, and economic trend data.
- Manages corporate strategy initiatives and participates in communicating the strategy to the client organization.
- Enable collaborative and proactive management of SDCG product category performance.
- Focus on results, enablement and readiness of business partners, and continuous improvement of processes and metrics.
- Provide regular business reviews to Business GMs and Business Management Team (BMT) to ensure focus on business results
- Manage business escalations and initiatives that impact our delivery to business goals
- Collaborate with PAC and Core Teams to ensure business readiness and maximize success of our new product launches
- Ensure timely and successful end-of-life through end-of-service-life transitions and execution
- Leads critically important, higher impact , time-sensitive efforts to identify new business strategies and opportunities (e.g., new business models, growth initiatives, cost reduction strategies).
- Leads highly complex strategic, organizational, and operational initiatives, including Mergers &Acquisitions projects, business development, and large-scale transformation.
- Partners with executives in creating strategic initiatives and securing budgets for plans and projects on a wide range of strategic issues, including risk management and implementation tactics.
- Oversees significant research and analysis efforts and develops new tools and processes to evaluate strategic objectives.
- Influences and coaches executives by presenting compelling analyses and recommendations that build the business case for new strategic initiatives.
- Directs large, global, virtual, and cross-functional teams and communications to facilitate the development of strategic initiatives and fully integrate strategic initiatives across businesses and regions.
- Provides innovative thought leadership and makes significant contributions to the company's strategic planning knowledge base.
- Provides strong leadership, develops and sets individual and team goals, and acts as a change agent and leader.
- Ensures proper tools and resources are in place to support team efforts.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 12+ years of experience. Often 4-7 years post-advanced degreeexperience leading projects, deals, and the company's financial improvement initiatives in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, or market research. Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives.
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge within multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence.
- Superior project management skills, including time and risk management, and project structuring.
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, conflict resolution, and management in a global, cross-functional, and virtual environment.
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to client issues.
- Ability to independently draft and present client deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies.
- Ability to manage human capital to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.