Almost every part of our daily life is now digital, from hailing a cab to paying a bill. But our medicines have not caught up. They're still stuck in an analog era. Propeller Health is on a mission to improve people's health by connecting the world's medicines. Our growing team enjoys working together to create innovative technology to address challenging problems whose solutions generate enormous social value and improve patient health.
We've created a unique technology that combines hardware sensors and software to digitally guide the course of therapy for patients and physicians managing chronic diseases. We aim to create beautifully invisible technology, accessible to all, that ensures people are free from the burden of chronic disease.
Why This Job Is Important
Propeller's aim is to help as many people as possible live better lives. In this role, you'll ensure that our customers are always "delighted" they chose Propeller, even during the thick of implementation. We partner with some of the most innovative healthcare and pharmaceutical giants out there, and likewise, they expect to partner with the most proactive and efficient operational experts. You have to be skilled, precise, and thorough to do well in this role; if you are, it's a match made in heaven!
The Implementation Services Manager shepherds a team of individuals at Propeller as they guide and assist customers through the launch of a new program. The Implementation Services team champions our customers' priorities and focuses in on all the things, little or big, needed to make a customer successful. They deliver on customer commitments made in the sales process, ensure that the first few months of adoption are wildly successful, and help position the customer to scale Propeller independently to reach as many patients as possible. The Implementation Services Manager not only acts as a mentor and coach for the team of implementers, but also manages several of their own accounts to remain close to our customers and develop implementation strategies that best meet their needs. Additionally, the Implementation Services Manager works closely with the Sales, Project Management, and Customer Experience teams to ensure that our customers have a smooth and successful transition between all phases of their engagement with Propeller.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Eager to work at a fast-paced startup company and lead a cross-functional team
- Not afraid to experiment and fail. Failure is an opportunity to learn, and is embraced as a core tenet of Propeller
- Naturally curious, and believe in lifelong personal growth
- Someone with an undying love for customers. You are constantly looking for ways to add value, and be indispensable to our partners and patients
- Quick on your feet. We're growing and always changing. You must adapt to new challenges, learn quickly, identify the best path forward, and coordinate the execution of your solutions with a team of many
- Thrilled at the prospect of solving complex problems, the right way, one step at a time
- Able to operate with a high level of autonomy. No one is looking over your shoulder here
- Energized by being the first to identify and tackle new problems
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction
What You Will Do
- Manage, mentor, and work alongside a team of individuals on program execution, including technical program setup, report implementation, clinical protocol development, fulfillment coordination, workflow and integration testing, client training, and more
- Establish and maintain best practices throughout the customer life cycle, in collaboration with Collaborate with leaders in RSales, Account Management, Project Management, and Customer Experience.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with health system, payer, research, and pharmaceutical counterparts
- Share insights and feedback from customers to help improve our product, process and best practices
- Ensure customer commitments are implemented on time and to specification, by collaborating with internal teams including Research, Clinical Affairs, Data Management, Marketing, Regulatory, and Customer Experience
Experience We're Looking For
- 10+ years of experience getting complex things done
- 5+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of clinical workflow and research experience
- 5+ years of program management experience
- Excellent task management skills, strong communication skills, and acumen for identifying and resolving roadblocks
- PMP and Six-Sigma training
- Healthcare regulatory experience
What's In It For You
- Join a talented and independent team to find creative solutions to respiratory disease at scale. For example, previous endeavors include: building custom geographic databases, correlating asthma attacks with massive open datasets, predicting future asthma attacks and advising major cities on cost effective changes to help people with respiratory disease.
- Work with a smart, creative and diverse team of professionals. Solving respiratory disease requires a wide array of disciplines to work together. For example, we have epidemiologists, physicians/clinicians on staff combined with engineers, statisticians and data scientists to build the best respiratory solution possible.
- Connecting as a team is important to us. We create plenty of opportunities to get together, such as regular summer cookouts for lunch, after work events like board game and hobby night, and our annual company-wide camping trip! You can opt in where it makes sense for you.
- We care about balancing work with the rest of life. We encourage and support our team members to disconnect when they're not at work.
- A great office location in downtown Madison, steps from fun restaurants and shops!
Propeller Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, each helping us understand our patients better, and strengthen our team. We firmly believe that hiring and supporting a diverse team allows us to do the best work of our lives, and make the disease experience different. To do this, we strive to maximize access to every opportunity, cultivate a diverse set of candidates, and if hired, providing them with support, mentorship, and growth opportunities. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ability status, or any other differences. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. All are welcome here.