Seapower Capability Systems (SCS) is seeking a highly motivated Program Manager to lead the Ship Self Defense System (SSDS) Deployed Systems Program for Total Ship Integration Systems (TSIS). The ideal candidate will have experience with combat management systems, including the SSDS Mk 2 naval combat management system product, deployed on US aircraft carriers and amphibious class ships, and the SSDS Global product tailored for international naval combat management system applications, along with experience in the integration of naval sensor and weapon systems. The SSDS Deployed Systems Program Manager will oversee cross functional employees and is the primary contact for internal and external customers, vendors, and partners. This position will report directly to the SSDS Senior Program Manager in San Diego.
- Provide oversight and direction to the program team and act as the primary contact for meeting contractual and business commitments including financial, technical and schedule performance through all phases of system development to include System Requirements, System Design, Development, Integration, Test and Life Cycle Support.
- Execute the growth strategy for the SSDS programs which includes product capability improvements as well as expansion of the product base to additional US Navy ships, System of System growth of the SSDS product to integrate additional elements into the Integrated Combat System, and development of products for the international market.
- Possess and demonstrate significant technical, programmatic, and customer focused skills in the development, marketing, and integration of naval combat management systems.
- Leverage successful relationships, confidence and customer intimacy with PEO IWS, PEO Carriers, PEO Ships, NSWC, and Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory to pursue new business opportunities.
- Define integration objectives and coordinate adjacent Raytheon product managers in IDS, RMS, and IIS to meet integrated capability goals.
- 5+ years Program Management or Project Management
- 10 years of total overall professional experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of program management processes and tools; specifically, IPDS, IMS, EVMS, Risk & Opportunity analysis, Contract Change Management and Control Account Management
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate technical scope and cost with senior levels of customer leadership
- Experience with System Integration and Test
- Experience with integration of sensor and weapon systems
- Demonstrated experience in the development of naval combat systems
- Experience leading a large, diverse, high-performing program team, developing support from senior levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with time critical requirements
- Strong inter-personal skills for teamwork and customer relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- DoD approved Secret Security Clearance or ability to acquire
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably in STEM
- Raytheon PM Certification Level 5 (or equivalent) or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Six Sigma Specialist Qualification (Raytheon or equivalent) or ability to achieve within 1 year
- 10+ years of Program Management in the Defense Industry
- MBA or MS
- Experience managing subcontractors
- Demonstrated experience with Proposal Process
- International business experience
- RADAR development or integration experience
- Missile development or integration experience
- Knowledge of Defense Acquisition Management
- Experience presenting to and interacting with senior Raytheon Leadership and DoD Customers
- Communication, presentation, analytical and problem solving skills at executive levels in industry and government
- Demonstrated presence and influence
- Experience with combat management systems
- Experience with SSDS Mk 2 naval combat management system product which is deployed on US aircraft carriers and amphibious class ships
- Experience with SSDS Global product tailored for international naval combat management system applications