Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a core member of the Operational Excellence team, this person will drive OpEx deployment at the plant. This individual should be a strong team player with highly developed communication and presentation skills. This position reports to the plant manager with dotted reporting to the GBU/Region OpEx Lead.
- Drive OpEx program deployment at the site
- Work closely with the site management to assist the site in their continuous improvement journey
- Develop a site level OpEx deployment plan including EMS, VIP, Certification Programs, Best Practices Sharing, iCare and others.
- Assists leadership in establishing baseline and target metrics for key processes.
- Work with site leadership in installing organizational supports for Operational Excellence (reviews, communications, rewards, etc.)
- Coach and mentor site Black Belt and Green Belt candidates to ensure timely completion of their quality and/or cost focused projects- ultimately leading to the candidate’s certification.
- Must have experience managing teams and developing support programs
- Must have Six Sigma Black Belt certification, Master Black Belt preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of LEAN tools and methodology
- Must be able to function in a team environment.
- Must be able to directly lead and/or co-lead high-impact process improvement projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven skills working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. The ability to drive change.
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal communication and platform skills in local language as well as in English. Strong teaching and presentation skills required.
- Strong analytical/statistical problem solving skills.
- Strong Coaching and Facilitation skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. MBA, MS or other technical graduate degree preferred.
- Certified Black Belt, solid knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing principles with a minimum 8 years of business operations and/or plant manufacturing or engineering experience, which includes a minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated process improvement success.
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Physical coordination/flexibility to allow gowning for clean room environments
- Utilize applicable personal protective equipment, including safety shoes/toe caps, gloves, eye protection, heat resistant wear and hearing protection
- Dexterity and physical condition to perform some level of repetitive motion tasks
- Ability to wear respirator usage when product or task requires
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Must be able to gown qualify for Grade A/B areas (filling)
- Position may require sitting for long hours