Role Value Proposition:
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claims analysts and project managers with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core business challenges with MetLife. This role within Governance and Enabling Operations will assist in developing the department’s vision, strategy, service levels, and business objectives.
- Communicates senior management’s vision and strategy to staff.
- Identifies training needs of end users and staff and develops and provides the necessary training to meet those needs.
- Partners with other operational areas to build strong working relations and improve workflow and organizational issues.
- Forecasts and monitors the budget for areas of responsibility.
- Determines specific business application software requirements to address complex and varied business needs and analyses and designs solutions to complex and varied business needs.
- Designs, implements, and monitors the progress of initiatives, milestones, and budgets to ensure timeliness and deliverables are met.
- Manages critical relationships with IT, consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers/leadership
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate complex solutions clearly and effectively with management and project resources, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong consulting and negotiation skills for gathering business intelligence and influencing partners.
- Ability to think critically and strategically.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of Annuity and Retail Life products is desired.
- Successful experience with teaching, mentoring, and coaching staff.
- Working knowledge of MetLife accounting systems is preferred.
- High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a changing environment.