Vishay Siliconix, a leader in the development of power semiconductor products which improves efficiency in electronic systems for consumer, industrial, automotive, medical, and military applications, is currently seeking a Manager IC Product Engineering. This position will be located in Santa Clara, California.
As Manager IC Product Engineering you will work on new product development and manages all phases of product engineering to insure the product successfully moves from manufacturing introduction to completion. Functions as the central resource with design, marketing, manufacturing, quality and test as the product(s) move to completion and distribution. Ensures that products shipped meet specifications and quality goals. Formulates and executes long term plans for cost/profit control. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• New product releases ensuring smooth transition to high volume manufacturing.
• Sustaining support for released products – yield and delivery.
• Manage the development of systems to maintain reports and record keeping of product engineering parameters. Implement robust system for tracking projects.
• Gate new product releases to make sure they’re ready for mass production. Define qualification/preproduction requirements. Ensures released product meets expected quality, time to market and cost objectives.
• Work with field, product engineers, QA and factory teams for completing new design-in requirements and resolving customer complaints.
• Ensures product engineering team observes established safety rules and conducts experiments in related product area in a safe manner.
• Manage resources for efficient new product release cycle.
• Drive professional development of product engineering team.
• Implement best practices in the production floor.
7+ years of product engineering experience on IC product lines combined with strong people management skills.
Skills / Certifications
Candidate must possess excellent oral, written, interpersonal, problem solving and strong computer skills.