For our Lemoore West Plant we are seeking a Manager I, Maintenance. The Maintenance Manager manages the maintenance function for the plant to assure adequate cost effective utilities and power are provided along with the quality and quantity of maintenance support required to meet production needs. This position prepares and monitors the department budget, directs the purchasing of spare parts and determines minimum inventory levels, initiates work orders, and reviews general plant equipment repairs. Participates in capital projects by aiding in the development of project scope, specifying controls and equipment to be used, directing installation efforts, and monitoring start-up, troubleshooting and maintenance training of new systems. The Manager I, Maintenance is in daily contact with Plant Manager, Plant Engineer Manager and Production Management to coordinate maintenance operation needs of the plant. Occasional contact is made with vendors for the purchase of spare parts, city personnel regarding the control of sewer and water treatment, and contractors regarding work performed.
We Ask You to:
- Provides leadership in the Maintenance department by implementing and maintaining programs in technical training, safety, quality, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity.
- Responsible for outlining and managing the work of the Maintenance Supervisors.
- Actively leads the processes for performance management, employee development, and engagement.
- Builds and fosters strong working relationships, collaborative teams and a positive work environment.
- Implements company and plant policies fairly and consistently.
- Integrates multiple sources of information and priorities, keeping in mind the future needs of the business.
- Manages the maintenance process to assure maximum equipment uptime to meet company and customer specifications and government regulations.
- Coordinates with production to meet changing production needs.
- Maintains high productivity and cost effectiveness through proper scheduling of maintenance operations and workforce.
- Leads the Maintenance department's safety program to ensure a safe working environment.
- Provides employees with the training, equipment, and tools to be able to safely perform their jobs.
- Sets standards for safety involvement and accountability in the department and leads by example.
- Manages the Maintenance department budget within established guidelines, ensuring financial objectives are met.
- Ensures production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and Corporate standards.
- Manages the department's quality systems to achieve quality goals.
- Oversees the sanitation program effectiveness to ensure food safety standards are met in the department.
Offering You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn't be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That's why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- 8+ years of experience in food manufacturing
- 2+ years of progressive leadership experience
- Knowledge of equipment theory and history, electrical operations, advanced process controls, power generation, hydraulics refrigeration, pneumatics, thermodynamics, welding, machining, food processing and sanitation, maintenance scheduling
- College Degree in Engineering, Industrial Maintenance or related field, or similar work experience in related industry
- Dairy/Cheese Manufacturing Experience Preferred
- Direct leadership experience over supervisors