Work under the direction of the Sr. Manager, Business Information, representing the team as the face to the business. Serve as the liaison to the business and technical BI team in CA. Responsibilities include reporting-related business communication, understanding demand from various business units to translate needs, driving business solutions, and supporting IT delivery of related projects. This is a visible role with the business executives and directly interfaces with the IT community as well. Retail Industry experiencerequired.
• Lead & mentor a team of business analysts to develop and support the business solutions organization
• Guide the team to help manage business demand; work through data governance principles, policies and standards aligned to a data strategy
• Coach and mentor business analysts in the areas of business acumen and communication; this team will need to create a trusting partnership with our business partners
• Help influence the data governance framework; work with business and IT owners to help maintain pragmatic data policies and rules for governance
• Consult with business leadership to align demand with broader strategic IT initiatives
• Consult with IT stakeholders on planning of upcoming programs
• Manage the team of business analysts, Level 1 support, training, and communication
• Assist in architecting business solutions, working closely with business and IT partners
• As an extension of the delivery team, may need to serve in project management / delivery role
• Learn the retaillandscape, and specifically, the Ross business model
• Problem solving
• Customer focus
• Motivating others
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Undergraduatedegree in information systems, business administration, or a related technical discipline required
• At least 8 to 10years of experience with a BI team (preferably from business working with IT on project delivery) with progressive responsibility and influence
• Strong analytical ability, retail industry / business acumen, judgment and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated experience in working with Buyers, Merchandise Planners, and/or other business supporting teams and influencing business strategies
• Demonstrated experience in the development of business requirements, coordination of business testing, and partnering with delivery teams for business programs/projects
• Demonstrated experience in maintaining governance principles to help manage enterprise data
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to work effectively with Director and executives
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization
• Ability to work with teams that are geographically distributed and work across different time zones
• Strong leadership skills; able to supervise and inspire team members
• Demonstrated ability to estimate time and money for requirements and testing efforts
• Some travel may be required
• Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouses (Netezza), data lakes (Hadoop), and / or reporting tools such as MicroStrategy or Microsoft SSAS, Power BI
• Some professional services / consulting experience
• Graduate degree
• Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
• Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
• May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
2 Business Analysts
- Req. Number: 17004847