Serves as a neutral party to investigate and facilitate the resolution of concerns of Team Members, and managers involving allegations of unfair treatment, discrimination, retaliation, and other fairness issues. Support disability and religious accommodations requests.
Works with individuals and groups to explore and assist in determining options to help resolve conflicts, problematic issues or concerns, and to bring systemic concerns to the attention of the organization for resolution. Operates in a manner to preserve the confidentiality of those seeking services, maintains a neutral/impartial position with respect to the concerns raised.
Administers the ‘Open Door Plus’ and ‘Peer Review’ programs and assists in facilitating resolution of issues surfaced to Comcast | NBCUniversal.
- Responsible for conducting, coordinating, and handling internal investigations of highly-sensitive and/or complex employment-related complaints (allegations of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, management, work environment) to ensure issues are resolved in a fair and consistent manner. Partners with Legal, HR Business Partners and NBCU Fair Employment Practices as appropriate.
- Guides, coaches and refers individuals to appropriate resources encouraging a direct approach to resolve the issue. Assists in confidentially surfacing issues to appropriate resolution channels when an individual is unable or unwilling to surface a concern directly to create an awareness of the issue among appropriate decision-makers in the organization. Trains, counsels and coaches managers in conflict resolution to assist with skills to resolve issues quickly and informally at the earliest stage.
- Serves as a source of detection and early warning of new issues and a source of suggestions to improve existing processes and/or programs.
- Administers the ‘Open Door Plus’ and ‘Peer Review’ programs. Monitor and track appeals. Act as facilitator for Peer Review sessions. Maintain and train pool of exempt and non-exempt panel volunteers.
SCOPE: This role works independently with limited direction and must be comfortable in making independent fact-based recommendations. Will partner extensively across HR, Legal and the business.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required – Human Resources Management, Business Administration
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years of progressive Employee Relations or Human Resources experience, including significant experience conducting investigations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytic and organizational skills
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Experience conducting investigations in a corporate environment and ability to conduct investigations with empathy, tact, and discretion
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of Team Members and managers
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, project management, and presentation skills
- Ability to manage risk while ensuring optimal outcomes are achieved