Manager, Human Resources
Manages the planning, development, implementation, administration of most or all of the following human resource functions within a designated set of projects and department initiatives: employment, compensation, employee relations, equal employment opportunity, organizational development, affirmative action, HRIS training, and health and safety services programs. Advises HR management in personnel policy and program matters, making or recommending appropriate decisions as consistent with strategic direction. Works closely with management in the implementation of corporate policies related to Human Resources, organizational and employee development on a Domestic and Global platform. Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, attempting to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach. Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., salary review, workforce planning, and organizational change). Assists HR management in the development of solutions through organizational development, cultural and process-oriented perspectives. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis and problem solving. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Implements and administers HR programs and activities within a geographic area and/or functional business unit/s.
- Assist in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating HR programs, processes and policies.
- Manages all aspects of assigned human resource functions with limited supervision.
- Works closely with management in the implementation of corporate policies related to human resource, organizational and employee development at the business unit or division level. Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, attempting to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach. Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., salary review, workforce planning, and organizational change). Assists senior management in the development of solutions through organizational development and cultural and process-oriented perspectives. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, and problem solving.
- Designs and administers proactive programs, procedures and plans related to employee relations activities. Provides guidance and training to managers and employees on employee relations issues. Investigates formal employee complaints and recommends the company's response to the employee. Conducts termination interviews and compiles statistical reports and information. Ensures that legal requirements are met in terms of employee relations to minimize exposure to liability. May respond to EEOC charges and claims.
- Manages staff, including all performance and career related activities.
- Provides input into HR functional area and accountable for delivery of services within defined scope of budget targets.
- Leads by example and sets the standards for HR in area of responsibility or location.
- Provides expertise and guidance to local managers on policies and local law.
- Leads global HR projects as directed by the Director of Human Resources or Vice President of Human Resources.
- Implements and administers human resources programs and policies appropriately and with the highest ethical standards.
- Assists in the design, implementation and administration of HR programs and policies for a HR functional area, location(s) and/or business unit(s).
- Manages activities of HR team in delivering client focused responses and services.
- Leads HR teams in the assessment, design and recommendation of HR policies and practices to management.
- Works as a business partner with client groups and managers to promote HR policies and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Seven years of HR experience with levels of organizational responsibility
- Thorough knowledge of HR policies and procedures as well as local employment laws
- Accredited member of a Human Resources representative body
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office and HRIS
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment