Manager Human Resources
5 - 7 years experience •
This position is responsible for providing leadership and Human Resource consultant services as a strategic partner and working in liaison with the HR Director and functional support leaders with emphasis on organization effectiveness, leadership development, talent planning, change management, and performance management. This role collaborates with Team Members on implementation of HR processes, providing strategic direction as well as tactical implementation of HR initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards, compensation, benefits, Affirmative Action, Employment Law, and Diversity.
- Provide advice, interpretation, and counsel to management within the areas of policy programs, and practice.
- Manage and mentor, providing development and supporting partnerships with Teammates and local leadership.
- Provide advice and guidance to local leadership on the interpretation of HR policies as they relate to the Teammates and Company objectives.
- Work in partnership with department heads in determining required people resources, training needs, and identification of leadership talent.
- Educate leadership in maintaining positive and union-free Teammate relations through planned programs for Teammate communication and leadership training.
- Manage the strategic plan for measuring and building bench strength toward long-term succession goals.
- Monitor all compensation and wage administration programs for equity and consistency.
- Review and or create reports to ensure consistency with regard to guidelines and or company initiatives.
- Manage worker's compensation issues, identify problem claims and coordinate with necessary parties to provide resolution.
- Assist with budgeting process regarding training expenses, safety costs, employee benefits, and other planned employee related activities.
- Ensure location is following strategic calendar for scheduled activities that support Company Culture such as business updates, teammates committees, and community involvement.
- Support annual merit and review process for both exempt and non-exempt groups.
- Conduct local wage surveys and make recommendations on adjustments.
- Conduct and coordinate EEO, OFCCP, and investigation support.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws.
- Have a bachelor?s degree in Industrial Relations, HR, or related field.
- Have 5+ years of leadership experience in all facets of HR.
- Ideal candidate will come from Logistics, Warehousing, Transportation, etc.
- Be able to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and inter-company memos/outside correspondence.
- Be ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Understand financial statements and resulting cost implications.
- Possess the ability to identify financial issues and provide cost effective solutions to such issues.
- Have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Have the ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of distribution systems, market and competition preferred.