Company Overview Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview WB Games San Francisco brings to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
Posting Job Description What part will you play?
Lead the HR function for the studio by applying best-in-class HR principles around business planning, recruitment, performance management, employee relations and legal compliance. The HR manager will be the key HR partner to the business supporting growth strategies through HR activities, programs and initiatives.
- Provides coaching, direction and counsel to leadership to proactively anticipate, prevent and resolve HR issues. Interprets and implements HR policies, practices and company philosophy. Maintains current knowledge of state and federal legislation and regulations pertinent to the employee population and ensures corporate compliance.
- Oversees recruitment function for the businesses and manages one in-house Recruiter. Works with business leaders to set hiring plans. Works with Recruiter on compensation issues throughout the recruitment process. Proactively identifies issues and works with Corporate Compensation and Recruiter to implement strategies to attract/retain top talent. Reviews salary justifications against compensation ranges, market data and internal comparators and works with Corporate Compensation to get necessary approvals. Works with managers on temporary staffing needs. Understands and analyzes resource justifications and works with client groups to secure necessary approvals for justified needs.
- Responds to general employee inquiries relating to compensation, benefits, leaves of absence and ensures timely and appropriate action.
- Oversees employee onboarding programs. Conducts new hire orientation.
- Works with managers to help define and clarify roles and responsibilities. Partners with management regarding department organization and staff responsibilities to ensure effective utilization of resources. Reviews job descriptions and provides guidance and feedback regarding levels. Ensures consistency of levels across client groups. Partners with Corporate Compensation to level positions.
- Oversees the performance management process. Coaches management on how to best communicate expectations and performance feedback on an ongoing basis. Develops performance plans to correct performance deficiencies, writes disciplinary documentation, partners with Corporate employment attorneys and handles necessary terminations.
- Works with managers and employees to ensure consistency of ongoing performance appraisal process. Educates management regarding the appraisal process and performance measurement criteria to ensure consistent application of the programs. Communicates timelines and measures completion, addressing any issues and ensuring consistency. Oversees the administration of the annual merit and bonus programs to ensure equity.
- Handles employee relations issues in a timely and effective fashion. Counsels employees and/or managers regarding a variety of issues. Serves as advocate to both employee and company regarding policies, employee performance, work environment and conflict issues. Serves as primary contact for receiving and investigating employee concerns. Conducts thorough and impartial investigations and determines solutions and/or necessary action.
- Maintains accuracy of personnel records and HRIS data with the highest level of confidentiality and discretion. Manages ongoing needs related to employment eligibility (e.g. visas and other documentation). Ensures employee records are kept up to date and oversees the creation and dissemination of regular reports and organizational charts. Performs updates in the HRIS system as changes to employee status occur. Performs ad hoc reconciliation projects as needed. Works closely with Finance for headcount planning.
- Partners with Corporate Learning and Development to plan training curriculum including leadership training.
- Coordinates delivery of quarterly employee morale survey. Works with management to develop action items to help improve studio culture and morale.
What do we require from you?
- At least five years of progressive and relevant human resources experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent human resources experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to diplomatically influence.
- Current knowledge of state and federal employment-related legislation required.
Bonus Points for:
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Prior experience with games and/or software development companies.
- Prior experience working in a large multinational company.
- Understanding of remote workplace challenges.