About this job:
In our fast paced environment, the Manager, Human Resources will wear many hats: providing guidance, consulting & direction in multiple functional areas - employee relations, organization design, L&D, HR functional efficiencies. This individual will be responsible for partnering with our Buying teams in NY, Boston & LA. They will partner with these businesses to determine their key needs and establish HR strategies & programs that will support our Corporate & HR initiatives while ensuring a productive, engaged growing workforce.
To be successful in this role, you will need to lead with a people-first approach; be passionate about Human Resources as a key function to business success & a demonstrated ability to translate strong business acumen to HR strategies and successful HR/people programs.
- Responsible for building relationships with the teams to implement strategies that meet the HR objectives
- Ability to influence and navigate across complex arguments and engage with senior level executives in a polished and professional manner
- Serve as primary contact for Buying groups (~700 people) to assist Associates in resolving issues, navigating workplace dynamics and driving career growth
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback across all levels of the team
- Through partnership with the business, identify trends for HR/people oriented program needs & translate into comprehensive programs to positively impact change management
- Partner with HR leaders & HR team to proactively discuss opportunities to address workforce development programs that are supported by data? (i.e., external market data, environmental scanning, HR Market developments)
- Collaborate with Recruitment partners to ensure talent needs are identified, priorities set and talent profiles aligned to business need & growth
- Identify, implement and maintain programs and practices that ensure a healthy, productive and growing culture
- Ability to drive progressive change management and process improvement
- Utilize current HR systems and reports to interpret and analyze data and to assist with planning and reporting.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Team Player
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
- Customer Service
- Minimum 8 years experience in a service industry with a preference for retail buying office experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster strong relationships with hiring managers at all levels.
- Superior communication skills; a compelling communicator able to engage the attention of busy, senior executives.
- Must be able to consistently ensure impeccable follow through and communication to the organization.