Responsible for the development and management of activities relating to UCA Human Resources policies and procedures for the following area: recruiting; employee relations; compensation; training; and staff development.
- Coordinates among staff the review and resolution of employee relations matters.
- Acts as a resource for management concerning staffing and employee issues involving Human Resources & Administration policies and procedures. Monitors industry trends and makes recommendations for improved operation of department.
- Manages day to day activities in the HR Department, including compensation, performance management, etc.
- Coordinates with Accounting firm and payroll for the annual Work Comp audit.
- Assists with recruiting efforts keeping costs within budgetary guidelines. Conducts new hire orientations; participates in job fairs; and performs terminations and completion of related paperwork.
- Primary contact for handling unemployment claims in addition to participating in unemployment hearings.
- Develops and maintains metrics for the HR Department and putting actions in place to improve performance where needed.
- Coordinates UCA's Suggestion program (STAR) within budgetary guidelines, issuing monthly reports and acting as a liaison between suggester and reviewer concerning questions about suggestions. Maintains the STAR communication board, produces certificates and creates incentives to enhance program performance.
- Coordinates and plans company events to ensure success within budgetary guidelines.
- Participates in Departmental budgeting process including expense and capital budgets, and continually monitors for adherence to plan. Has approval authority for staff expenses.
- Coordinates calculations of Employee Incentive Program bonuses.
- Coordinates and conducts staff performance reviews; approves individual staff goals & objectives, establishing training needs, as appropriate.
- Tracks staff attendance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource management or related discipline, advanced degreepreferred.
- 5-10 years of HR generalist experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a HR leadership role
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated effectiveness in employee development, team leadership and project management.