GREIF (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a 140 year old world leader in industrial packaging products and services. We produce steel, plastic, fibre, flexible and corrugated containers, packaging accessories and containerboard, and provide blending, filling and packaging services for a wide range of industries. We also manage acreage in the United States. With more than 13,000 employees in 200 operating locations in more than 50 countries, GREIF is positioned to serve global as well as regional customers. If you're looking for a rock-solid global manufacturing company committed to continuous improvement, and one that knows the power of lean, look to GREIF. You'll be part of a team known for its industry-leading talent, unparalleled portfolio and unmatched commitment to customer success. Our culture, founded on the GREIF Way, promotes recognition and rewards collaboration, hard work and commitment. We are continually seeking a diverse mix of talented people. We want people with a passion for working in partnership with customers. We want people with potential who can take GREIF to the next level in packaging excellence.
As a Human Resources Manager, you'll be joining our team at Riverville to be hands-on and strategic in providing human resources expertise in the areas of the administration of human resource policies, programs and practices. This includes planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating and directing. You will work closely with the lead Regional Human Resource Manager and the VP of Operations on people related issues.
- Address employee concerns related to HR policies, procedures, wages and benefits.
- Provide interpretation of policies, regulations and laws that impact the company and employees.Insure accuracy, status, security and confidentiality of recordkeeping.
- Supervise HR Department, including Training, Security and Janitorial activities.
- Assist with all aspects of employee relations, including recruiting, hiring, orientation, layoffs and terminations.
- Interact with department managers, recruiters, employment agencies and VEC.
- Assist with wage and benefits administration.
- Coordinate job evaluation programs.
- Participate in industry and local surveys.
- Actively participate in management safety committee, ERAC, daily managers meetings and outside groups/agencies, VEC, Region 2000 WorkforceInvestment Board, Chamber of Commerce, etc.
- Coordinate and implement strategic planning, tactical objectives and continuous improvement for HR department and the mill.
- Communicates goals and objectives, applies company policy, staffs, trains, coaches, recommends salary increases, administers discipline, insures positive employee relations and reviews the performance of employees.
- Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good safety practices and habits.
- Assist with other duties as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or other closely related area
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- 5 plus years minimum experience in manufacturing work environment; non-union environment helpful.
- 10 years manufacturing work environment with non-union environment experiencepreferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must possess a good working knowledge of HRlaws and regulations as they pertain to the business.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of the organization.
- Minimal travel