The Talent Manager has full accountability, in partnership with the HRBP/VP, to develop and deliver the workforce strategy for the Strategy, Analytics, and Innovation team.
Perform other duties as assigned. This position is based in New York City.
SAI Senior Leaders
• Facilitates, executes and/or participates in Talent Reviews and Succession Planning roundtables with business partners, leading the entire process across the business unit/function as required.
• Identifies talent needs, risks and gaps; create a talent strategy plan in partnership with people leaders and appropriate HR partners.
• Ensure leaders are facilitating objective talent reviews with a focus on calibration and succession planning.
• Uncover opportunities to develop and promote diverse talent.
• Support the implementation of business unit specific development strategies. Coordinates and executes the delivery of existing programs or partner with HR COE partners to create talent or career development solutions. Support and drive HLE counseling and employee relations issues.
• Act as a partner and a coach as it relates to culture and engagement; help leaders understand and interpret culture survey results.
• In partnership with the VP, provide org design consultation to business leaders, helping leaders to understand both gains and risks decisions as it relates to organizational changes.
• Partners with business unit to integrate existing workforce plans and staffing strategy when considering openings.
• Coaches leaders to bring in opportunistic hires to strengthen and diversify talent and support succession plans as appropriate.
• Consultant as needed to hiring managers in the development of job descriptions, selection of final candidate, compensation and offers strategies.
• Close collaboration with Talent Acquisition as it relates to the posting, recruitment, offer and onboarding process. Be a thought partner as needed with hard to fill roles, challenges within the business, compensation deficiencies etc.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• Bachelors or equivalent required with 3-5 years of HR experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
• May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• HR Functional Proficiency: Knowledge of major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the HR function or department; ability to use and administer the organization’s HR policies, strategies and environment.
• Strategic Thinking: Understands business issues and opportunities and translates or aligns them to a vision, strategy and plans to chart a course of action
• People Management: Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with internal and external customers/clients.
• Talent Development: Knowledge of how an organization attracts, recruits, evaluates, retains, identifies and develops talent. Includes talent related processes (e.g. performance management, development, succession, workforce planning, etc.).
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
• Up to 5% of travel is required.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.