- Provide comprehensive HR support to a diverse client population, in functional areas including, but not limited to: talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, talent management, total rewards, and labor relations.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing data and providing key metrics to help support business strategies, identifying trends and providing sound recommendations.
- Collaborates with manager to guide employee development, coaching, team building, performance management and talent planning.
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by keeping abreast and staying current on new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Manages grievance procedures to handle complaints that result from disputes with unionized employees over the collective bargaining agreement, work rules, and other issues that may arise.
- Actively and proactively contribute ideas and initiatives to evolve HR into a more strategic function. Collaborate with HR team to promote and deliver HR Strategy for 2018 and beyond.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist VP of HR & Director of HR on various special projects and corporate initiatives.
- Year-End compensation Planning.
Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate for this role will be an individual with a minimum of 5-7 years of HR experience in progressive role. This individual must demonstrate the ability to function as a partner to line management by understanding the business strategies, trends and marketplace challenges.
Functional Skills and Other:
- Strong generalist background with a proven track record of successfully delivering against business priorities
- Knowledge in the areas of talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation, performance management, HRIS, Federal and State laws
- Demonstrated ability to treat confidential matters with appropriate discretion
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, consultative relationships across all levels in order to gain support and achieve results
- Experience working autonomously, making sound judgments and providing appropriate recommendations
- Strong project management skills
- PHR or SPHR designation desired
- Bachelors Degree