Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking a HR Manager to join our Orlando, FL facility.
Responsible for the strategic leadership of human resources activities to support business and organizational objectives for Orlando, FL location.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
45% - Provide leadership and guidance to HR direct reports. The HR Manager will have direct responsibility for service delivery and supervision of the HR site based team members as well Communications and Administrative Staff at the Orlando and Cape Canaveral, FL operating sites.
35%- Ensuring the application of various HRprocesses and programs and their alignment with organizational needs and business strategies. Areas include:
- Employee fulfillment and retention
- Employee relations
- Compensation and salary planning
- Development and performance management
- Talent acquisition
- Resource allocation
- Affirmative action planning
- Diversity agenda
- Leadership development
- Succession planning
25% - Partner directly with General Manager and Senior Staff to deliver HR services to drive engagement, talent acquisition and development, organizational effectiveness, and continuous improvement in support of the long range strategic plan and annual operating plan (AOP).
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or a related discipline and a minimum of nine (9) years of progressive experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Must possess prior HRexperience providing coaching and counseling to senior leaders.
- Must be very proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems required (iCIMSdesired).
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint required.
- Candidate must have experience leading teams and possess strong analytical, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, and demonstrated track record of positive employee relations.
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with company policies, procedures, regulations or government laws.
- Solid knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Master’s degree or MBA a plus. PHR or SPHR Certification is a plus.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.