Role Purpose: This position is responsible for helping IHT Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) achieve exceptional colleague satisfaction, employee partnership, and financial, clinical and safety performance by ensuring assigned HTM departments achieve their annual performance goals, and meet the clinical equipment management and regulatory needs of assigned entities. Responsibilities:
- Orients, trains, schedules, and conducts annual performance evaluations of all assigned HTM Technicians.
- Is responsible for ensuring SSM’s, IHT’s, HTM’s and the entity’s Policies and Procedures are followed by direct reports and that work assignments are consistent with job responsibilities, and workload is balanced across the department.
- Reviews departmental operating procedures and recommends changes that will improve staff productivity and quality of care.
- Ensures staff receives ongoing training to perform necessary repairs and support of equipment and are knowledgeable on the interoperability of devices in order to successfully trouble-shoot problems that may be impacting any part of the system (i.e. network, software, servers, middleware, etc.) .
- Plans and coordinates cross-training for technicians.
- Acts as a technical and procedural resource and verifies training is documented to meet regulatory standards.
- Performs annual competency review, using HTM’ competency checklist, on each HTM technician.
- Ensures staff have needed test and computer equipment, tools, and supplies to perform necessary job functions.
- Responsible for acquiring test equipment quotes and submitting proper capital request forms to the Director of HTM Operations during the capital budgeting process.
- Manages HTM technicians and vendor equipment maintenance actions and verifies accurate documentation of results to meet all requirements of regulatory agencies, as well as entity and HTM policy requirements.
- Responsible for planning and directing the HTM department at assigned entity(ies), and by leading and supervising the daily work flow of the HTM department technicians.
- Works closely with CMMS Product Specialist to identify proper HTM response to Hazard Alerts and Recalls. Ensures HTM staff and vendors respond properly and in a timely manner.
- Assists with incident investigations and equipment performance analysis. Ensures HTM leadership is aware of equipment-related safety trends.
- Communicates regularly with vendors to address any entity-specific vendor maintenance issues.
- Ensures the accuracy of the CMMS and that documentation of work activity meets regulatory and policy requirements. This includes, but is not limited to: a complete and accurate medical device inventory with correct device manufacturer/model, equipment type, device status, PM schedule, purchase price, Information Services data, contract information, warranty expiration and replacement recommendations (if applicable).
- Ensures accurate work order documentation is completed in timely manner following HTM’ procedures
- Responsible for creating annual internal 0009 and entity clinical equipment maintenance budgets for department and for staying within budget.
- Works closely with HTM Technology Management division during project planning and implementations.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- 5 to 7 years of experiencerequired
- An understanding of applicable codes and regulations related to clinical equipment (i.e. NFPA99, Jjoint Commission, NEC, ANSI, etc.)