Direct, manage, and coach a team that delivers client support through multiple channels (eg voice, chat) in a highly outsourced model. Understands and ensures compliance with vendor contracts and HRB program requirements. Accountable for overall agent readiness (hiring, training, staffing) and performance (eg meeting KPI's). Accountable for all site launches and shut downs. Maintains and open and effective relationship with vendor operational management and leadership. Develops and communicates project plans, including resource assignments, risks, and issues. Communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders, functional and business partners. This role will cover ~.9M contacts, 3-5 operation managers, 500-800 outsourced agents, across 3-5 sites
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Resource Management
- Set daily priorities and assign tasks and projects to all team members.
- Monitor and provide periodic status updates on operational performance
- Monitor performance and develop team members to ensure consistent, effective and efficient processes.
- Prepare and deliver associate quarterly and annual performance reviews, including performance metrics for each performance objective.
- Following department procedures consult with internal peer group, and business representatives to provide accurate resource allocation for projects.
- Conduct employment interviews, make hiring decisions, and participate in corrective action and termination discussions and decisions.
2. Workload/Project Management
- Estimate project hours and resources required.
- Manage project workplan and resources.
- Develop status reports and update senior management with progress as necessary.
- Write/review documentation and training materials.
3. Financial/Budget Management
- Contributes information for developing and operating plan and budget.
- Develop budgeting process and manage budgets for groups of associates.
4. Vendor Management
- Manage vendor relationships and ensures compliance with vendor contracts and HRB program requirements.
- Accountable for overall agent readiness (hiring, training, staffing) and performance (eg meeting KPI's).
- Accountable for all site launches and shut downs.
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- Significant experience in area of expertise, typically 5+ years.
- 2+ years people management experience and/or product/program management experience including budget management.
- Experience managing multiple projects and priorities
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.