11 - 15 years
Posted 84 days ago
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking a Manager, HR Systems and Analytics reporting to the Director of HR Operations.
This position will reside in the Philadelphia office and will be responsible for providing leadership for the development and enhancement of the Firm’s Human Resources Information Systems while providing technical services to ensure the proper functioning of business processes and the accounting of timely and accurate firm data and analytics.
This position is also responsible for managing the daily operations of the HR Operations Business Analysts and HR Data and Compliance Analyst team members.
• In conjunction with the Director of HR Operations, develops HR technology goals and objectives.
• Establishes measurements to support the accomplishment of department goals.
• Identifies and determines opportunities and solutions to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness of current and future systems.
• Identifies gaps in HR Operations services; sets technology priorities and long-term strategic goals.
• Advises business partners and HR peers on recommendations that are designed to meet strategic HR system objectives.
• Leads the process of gathering requirements to develop innovative solutions.
• Negotiates priorities and support requirements with IT.
• Collaborates with IT on projects; leads system configuration projects.
• Researches and evaluates developments in the area of HR technology and Human Capital Management solutions.
• Plans and provides for integration and collaboration with other firm systems, programs and service.
• Implements HR technology solutions and system enhancements through HR Business Analyst staff.
• Establishes standard HR metrics and manages distribution and security of the data; manages responses to requests for reports from Firm HR and others; collaborates with Practice Operations and Business Intelligence to leverage existing dashboard capabilities and identify opportunities to integrate HR data with other critical Firm operations metrics.
• Monitors administration for adherence to established standards and procedures.
• Assists in the preparation of annual budgets for HR technology and project related items.
• Ensures compliance with Firm HR policies and procedures, including interpretation, communication, administration and implementation.
• Leads by example; establishes clear expectations; sets direction and priorities; ensures that work levels are balanced among all staff; resolves internal staff issues in a timely manner; keeps staff informed of all appropriate information; builds effective team; delegates at appropriate level.
• Facilitates the development of staff by providing opportunities and support; provides timely feedback on work product; regularly coaches, evaluates, and recognizes staff performance and accomplishments.
• Establishes/adheres to Department budget; seeks opportunities to improve Department efficiency and reduce expenses by streamlining operations.
• Identifies People Planning/Succession plans, utilizing cross-collaboration and training opportunities.
• The incumbent of this job directly supervises up to six employees. He/she carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm's policies and applicable laws. He/she is also responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of their work as well as the work of those reporting to them.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This job requires:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year accredited college or university required. SHRM or IHRIM certification preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible HRIS or HR Technology leadership experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
• Prior Human Capital Management implementation experience preferred, specifically with Workday HCM (Core, Recruiting, Advanced Compensation, Performance, Time and Attendance as well as Advanced Reporting).
• Prior experience in defining, developing and delivering HR metrics and dashboards.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills; Ability to develop and motivate staff.
• Strategically oriented; capable of identifying and accomplishing long and short-term goals, projects and activities.
• Self-motivated; results oriented.
• Budgeting experience.
• Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and professional publications, prepare business correspondence, proposals and reports, effectively present information to groups of employees, and respond to questions from employees, managers, clients and vendors.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a basic knowledge of / be proficient in the following software: viDesktop, Kronos, Workday HCM, MS-Office, MS Access.