Manager, HR Mergers and Acquisitions
5 - 7 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
Have you recently completed an M & A project for one of the Big 4? Are you currently in a similar role looking for an opportunity with less travel? If so, this could be the role for you.
This is an IMMEDIATE need reporting to the VP, Global HR M&A and Strategic Programs, the M&A and HR Project Manager will be responsible providing program design and management services for mergers & acquisition and global HR transformation efforts. The successful candidate will support the VP in driving the HR M&A lifecycle from project kickoff through due diligence, integration planning and integration execution and acts as the HR project lead during mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Works on a cross-functional team that manages global and M&A integration efforts across all necessary business lines for the Company. Works withstakeholders to develop and define a cohesive HR integration plan that captures the aspects of technology, people, and process and will support the delivery with a focus on planning and execution. The M&A and HR Project Manager also supports the execution of non-deal related strategic projects to ensure effective alignment to organizational objectives.
· Coordinate HR M&A Strategy engagements in operational due diligence, synergy assessments, stand alone cost assessments, as well as HR performance improvement projects
· Co- develops and manages an HR M&A program management structure to drive integration / divestiture success, minimize execution risks and drive efficiencies
· Assess organizational, people and HR functional implications of a deal and assists with developing the HR approach and initial strategy
· Identifies and engages HR resources to conduct due diligence, assigning roles and responsibilities appropriately
· Act as the day-to-day project manager to help ensure successful problem formulation, comprehensive analysis and problem resolution in support of VP
· Drive project scope, budgets, staffing resources, information/data requests; lead workshops, create and coordinate final deliverables, and assist with presentation of results
· Manages and coordinates execution of project integration plans to achieve end state including transitioning staff members to company benefits, payroll, policies, etc., onboarding, developing processes and training in partnershipwithHR Business Partners and CoEs to ensure a successful transfer of capabilities and achievement of desired business objectives
· Provide coordination of HR functional workstreams throughout the deal and transformation projects lifecycle and serve as the primary team interface managing dependencies
· Supports the broader global transformation and M&A integration efforts, including change management, organization design, and workforce transition design
· Project manages other global HR strategic projects as they arise as well as the M&A activities
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration, Organizational Development, or Finance
- A minimum of 4years external consulting experience in a client-facing strategy discipline at a Big 4 firm or a boutique strategy firm with a focus on M&A operational /HR due diligence, Day One transition management or performance improvement
- At least 2years of experience leading teams and providing counsel, influencing and challenging thinking of business leaders
- Exceptional communication skills required: ability to translate complex ideas into clear, influential communications
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional environment, resolve conflict, and foster teamwork
- Experience in at least one of the following M&A for HR: due diligence, operational and performance improvement
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem solving skills, prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Experience in the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team
- Experience managing relationships and collaborating cross-functionally.
- Experience effectively prioritizing projects in a dynamic environment.
- Experience altering communications, both written and verbal, to a wide range of audiences
- Comfort with fast paced, changing business environment
- Strong computer aptitude, to include proficiency in Google mail/documents/sites, MS Office, etc. (to include Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Minimal travelrequired, perfect for an experienced Consultant ready to get off the road