Req # : 242639BR Job Summary
Manages the activities involved in the design, preparation, delivery and needs assessment of training and development programs for the company. Develops and/or approves content, methods, and materials for training staff and may conduct courses. Develops methods for evaluation of program effectiveness. Leads cross functional meetings to collect information relevant to the content of instructional material under development. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team. Manages the activities of individual contributors with accountability for goals, objectives and operational policies. Participates in the development of functional strategy. Has responsibility for hiring, termination, performance and salary decisions.
Key skills, competencies and attributes for this role include:
- Managing employees remotely
- Building relationships and problem solving with a director/executive level
- Experience with Sprint's systems related to the sales process
- Proven track record to conduct analysis and determine root cause to identify performance gaps and solutions
- Working knowledge of Consumer Sales and Service methodology
- Ability to operationalize Area or Region wide training programs from launch to impact analysis
- Responsible for the quality of training delivery, classroom administration, instructor training, effectiveness, and certification, tracking and measurement of new hire and supplemental training, and the performance of graduated employees
- Plan and execute all budget-related actions including, but not limited to: annual operating budget projections, invoicing and expenditures. Anticipate and seek out opportunities with continuous attention to cost avoidance.
- Ability to compile and report team results to ensure ongoing improvements to our business
- Develop multiple training plans based on staffing forecast models and requirements, performance improvement plans, and new or expanding program to ensure flexibility in our approach
- A functional understanding of the development process for learning
- Outstanding understanding of excel, PowerPoint and database warehousing applications
- Ability to travel in East (MA to FL) at least 50% or more
- Ability to work weekends and nights based on market need
- Bachelor's degree and eight years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
- Five years experience developing instructional materials and specialized training
- Five years experience with project management and project implementation
- Three years supervisory or management experience
- 1+ year classroom training experience
- 1+ year experience in Microsoft Word / PowerPoint / Excel
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Veterans.