At Disney, we believe it takes great people to create the memorable experiences, products and services our consumers know and love. When we grow and develop our people, we’re investing in our future. As Human Resources, we are the champions of this investment.
The Walt Disney Company’s Human Resources team does so much more than just support our employees…we engage our people, drive change and help our businesses achieve results.
How do we do this? By shaping the employee experience on all levels. By partnering with our clients to create and implement innovative business strategies. By being a true thought partner and proactively anticipating business cycles. By fostering leadership success and being experts in change management. By enabling smart decisions by leveraging business data, metrics and external market insights.
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
In this role, the Manager,HR Business Partner will execute on human resources strategies and tactics tosupport the needs of DTCITechnology. The Manager will lead and facilitateHR programs and strategies insupport of theTechnology client group through collaboration with the clients,HR specialty groups and otherHR business partners. He or she will serve as on the groundHRsupport, consultant to business leaders on talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
How You’ll Bring the Magic to Life:
- Leverage partnerships and business acumen to enable the creation and implementation of strategies in alignment with business priorities and goals
- Immerse yourself in the organization to build productive relationships with internal stakeholders and clients on all levels
- Foster leadership success as a proactive thought partner anticipating the business cycles and serving as a consultant during periods of change management, as well as leveraging business data, metrics and external market insights to inform decisions
- Implement employee engagement strategies to foster an environment based on respect and values
- Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management by assessing organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions in support of business objectives
- Coach and consult on organizational design and management issues, as well as challenging and/or influencing decision-making processes
- Streamline and implement new, large-scale structures and/or processes to create speed, efficiency and agility within the organization
- Lead change management efforts around culture and process evolution
- Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention
- Facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of Human Resources programs
- Manage day-to-day employee relations issues, including escalation to Employee Relations partners
- Ability to build relationships remotely in support of a global organization with bi-costal needs
- Travel Required
What We’re Looking For:
- Possess 5+ years of human resources experience
- Strong consultative skills and ability to influence
- Ability to work independently and think strategically while navigating through complex matrix environments
- Credible, proactive and trusted thought-partner who has built relationships and delivered results
- Ability to thrive within ambiguity and drive complex projects
- Expertise in providing support to engineering and technology client groups
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline
- Master’s Degree in a related field