Squarespace's HR Business Partner team is seeking a Manager, HR Business Partner to drive people initiatives across our Product and Strategy organizations as well as manage and develop a team of 2 HRBPs covering the Customer Operations department. In this role, you will partner closely with management and employees on people-related issues such as employee relations, coaching, development, compensation, organizational development and much more.
You will have the ability to zoom out and keep considerable, strategic focus on scaling for growth and retention. You'll also work hand in hand with the broader People Team on projects and initiatives to cultivate our unique culture and people practices. This is the perfect opportunity to further our culture of innovation, shape career paths at Squarespace, and redefine what it means to be a strategic partner.
This role reports into our Director, Partners and Programs and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Partner with various members of leadership on organizational and people related strategy and execution
- Coach managers on performance management, feedback, employee development and career pathing
- Be a trusted advisor in all sensitive HR areas such as employee relations, investigations, leaves of absences and compensation
- Develop and lead People team initiatives focusing on retention, engagement, recognition and talent management
- Lead the Product, Strategy, and Channels & Services organization's compensation cycles and become an expert on our compensation philosophy and practices
- Partner with the Training & Development team to develop manager and team trainings focused on development, culture and career progression
- Partner with the Recruitment and FP&A team on strategic headcount planning, identifying critical roles and succession planning
- Collaborate with the HRBP team to accelerate a culture of innovation and development while providing employees and managers the tools they need to be successful
- 10+ years of progressive, multidisciplinary HR experience, prior people management experience preferred
- Experience strategically partnering with department heads or senior leadership
- Demonstrate solution focused thinking, empathy, strong judgment and decision making skills
- Understand people dynamics, organizational strategy and talent processes
- Desire to push the status quo and find efficiencies in how we work to spend more time on impactful partnership with managers
- A strong bias towards teamwork and ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced, high growth, deadline oriented environment, all while handling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Experience working in both private and public organizations
- Capability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A thorough understanding of HR practices, including employment law and regulations
- Certifications in change management, coaching, compensation, or organizational design a plus