To oversee and direct all aspects of Health Information Management Services (HIMS) chart completion and transcription services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall management of chart completion and transcription services in HIMS.
- Perform system analysis, implementation, testing, database management, maintenance, audits for accuracy, troubleshooting and security management of transcription and dictation systems, interfaces, databases, reporting tools and deficiency management software.
- Responsible for management of physician delinquency process. Recommend physician termination when warranted. Provide status report of delinquent physicians to key stakeholders.
- Monitors record analysis to make sure that each medical record that HIMS maintains is analyzed accurately for completeness and timeliness.
- Monitors record completion activities and report deficiencies to clinical leaders as warranted.
- Prepares monthly management reports on section productivity and quality.
- Works with Vendor and IS Analysts to identify product solutions that improve performance, efficiency and data integrity.
- Provides support and instruction/education to Medical-Dental Staff and other departments accessing the digital dictation and transcription systems.
- Develops processes for other Christiana Care departments for integration into PowerChart and the DHIN (Delaware Health Information Network).
- Provides ongoing training and inservice programs for staff.
- Prepares and updates policies and procedures for Chart Management and Transcription section.
- Provides transcription support, vendors and review contract negotiation and usage.
- Completes all performance reviews, recommends and/or initiates employee selection, promotion, disciplinary and/or discharge actions.
- Conducts staff meetings, keep staff informed of HIMS and CCHS changes, developments and events.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of the capital and operating budgets.
- Assists in the development of departmental goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates the highest level of confidentiality and conducts self according to AHIMA Code of Ethics.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices, reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors. Promotes safe work habits, rules and practices among staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor or AssociateDegree in HIM or related field, or equivalent experience
- RHIA or RHIT preferred
- Two years’ supervisory experiencerequired
- Three years’ experience in an HIM Department on a supervisory level, preferably in an acute care, teaching hospital. Experience with implementing and maintaining computer systems, including interfaces
- Experience with Project Management
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
Job Requisition #: