Job Description Summary
This positionreports to WW VP, HEOR at BD. The HEOR Manager, PAS leads the development and execution of global business unit level HEOR strategy and evidence plans for priority platforms and initiatives for the PAS business.
HEOR Manager, PAS will develop HEOR strategies and programs aligned with key business unit objectives and priorities; while providing health economic and outcomes expertise to guide market development and commercialization of BD products. Through collaboration with PAS business unit and HEOR Center of Excellence leaders, the manager will ensure strategic alignment and that proper resources are allocated to execute the strategy.
Deliver priority HEOR deliverables, including but not limited to, BD product level value assessments, evidence gap assessments, global value dossiers (GVDs), economic models, etc.
Develop value evidence strategies, including but not limited to, retrospective data analyses, observational studies, prospective clinical studies, patient outcomes studies, etc.
Manager will ensure that HEOR activities are prioritized through collaboration with key business leaders to ensure maximum impact of HEOR projects/resources on potential revenue/profitability
Provide project management support and guide internal HEOR Center of Excellence (COE) resources / external vendors to execute strategies:
- Manage budgets and keep projects on schedule
- Supervise junior HEOR associates in project execution
Ensure that scientific data resulting from the execution of health economic / epidemiology / outcomes studies are appropriately positioned in the public domain
Represent HEOR department on internal working teams and with external agencies (as needed):
- Collaborate closely with market access functions (reimbursement, medical/scientific affairs, regulatory, and marketing) to identify key issues related to product value evidence and formulate plans to proactively address access issues
- Provide consultative expertise in support of early and late stage clinical development and business development activities
- Interact within clinical development teams to provide insight into health technology assessment requirements and guide execution of health economic data collection
- Interact with external thought-leaders and government/payer groups to conduct research, develop advocates and/or provide evidence dossiers to support product coverage and adoption
Respond to and manage global HEOR requests
May have direct reports/ administrative responsibilities
Education & Experience:
Candidate must have an advanced degree in a healthcare, business or economics related discipline (MD, PhD, MSc, MPH, and/or MBA). Relevant disciplines include medicine, pharmacy, health services research, economics, epidemiology, and healthcare policy. Additional requirements include:
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 - 5 years total work experience in the life-sciences/healthcare industry (examples include biopharmaceuticals, medical devices, hospital, clinical research, or consulting)
- Prefer at least 3 years of experience in HEOR function within healthcare industry
- Experience supervising junior HEOR staff is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, engineering, or other related discipline is required
- Requires experience with medical product development, manufacturing and/or commercialization
Knowledge & Skills:
- Full understanding of HEOR work concepts, principles and practices with significant experience executing priority programs with moderate to high complexity and visibility
- Expert research and analysis skills required including; literature reviews, secondary data analysis methods, manuscript writing and excel spreadsheet models; able to guide project teams in multiple technical areas (programming, modeling, literature analysis, etc.)
- Superior communication, interpersonal, and organizational/administrative skills, including experience in teaching and training internal colleagues and presenting to large groups
- Proficiency in project management and in negotiating project budgets, leads projects and project teams to timelines, scope and budget independently.
- Action-oriented, customer-focused, with effective prioritization, goal-setting and time management skills
- Effective analytical/problem solving skills, including generation of original and innovative ideas and solutions
Job ID R-20978