Manages the help desk and technical support operations for a major group, office, Division, or customer.
1. Manages all activities related to the staffing and operation of an information systems help desk.
2. Supervises assigned staff, which may include subordinate supervisors, in support of networked and stand-alone computer users and systems.
3. Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
4. Plans and implements software and/or systems upgrades and modifications.
5. Establishes and implements policies and procedures and ensures their conformance with information systems goals and company/customer objectives.
6. Studies and projects support resource requirements, including personnel, software, equipment, and facilities and makes recommendations to management.
7. Directs the installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software.
8. Recommends new hardware and software as needed.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. ITIL Foundations certificate. Sec+ CE. Military experience highly desired.
8-10 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations, including supervisory experience.
Job ID 2017-32124