HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to healthcare—now and in the future. Using innovative technology and powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance. We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health. Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a difference in the lives of others.
We are seeking a talented individual for a Business Analytics Manager who provides direction to the Business Analysts in their support of Account Delivery Solutions (ADS) functions and in support of the Account Management Team. Support may include data research and analysis, reporting and presentation preparation, support in business development projects, and day to day operational projects. The Business Analytics Manager will lead the team in efforts to compile and analyze business process data for the account team and executive leadership to assess performance of operational efficiency, financial and customer satisfaction goals.
- Performs data analysis, and identifies trends and issues, and provide recommendation on resolution of identified issues and drives resolution and remediation efforts
- Lead ADS efforts in preparation and management of budget and revenue expectations for the HMS products the ADS team supports
- Perform analytical, procedural, and diagnostic processes aimed at identifying and implementing process improvements
- Lead ADS efforts in the build and deployment of reporting suites and tools
- Lead issue identification and resolution efforts in support of the Account Management Team
- Subject matter expert on HMS products
- Lead client yield efforts
- Main liaison between ADS and Operations
- Train Analyst I, II, and Leads on HMS Products and ADS processes
- Responsibility for hiring, performance management, and development.
- Work with account management team to develop materials for client’s reports and presentations
- Support Implementation teams for new COB Products and clients
- Performs other functions as assigned
: “EOE including disability/veteran”Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Power Point, as well as Webinar applications.
- Proficient in writing SQL, including complex joins and as well as knowledge of analytic based software.
- Ability to analyze information and develop comprehensive solutions to address practical work related issues.
- Ability to drive project timelines to completion with a cross-functional team
- Ability to be organized and simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Ability to present orally with outstanding quality.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment, including all levels of staff, to achieve business goals.
- Ability to work independently to meet objectives.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA privacy and Security rules.
- Ability to train internal and external customers and staff.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
- Ability to communicate and exchange information
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
- Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
- Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
- May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
- May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
- High School Diploma/ GED Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum Related Work Experience:
- With Bachelor’s degree, 7+ years previous work experience.
- In lieu of education, 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of previous HMS work experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of HMS products and processes.
- Previous experience in supervising/managing employees preferred