JOB SUMMARY: The Hardware Development Manager will ensure all hardware applications support the achievement of the Universal Creative business requirement – to meet and exceed guest expectations every time. The Hardware Development Manager manages the entire hardware lifecycle at Universal Parks and Resorts from testing and analyzing to selecting vendors and integrating new programs.
- Manage Universal Creative hardware development process
- Research, analyze, and design to provide immediate and long term hardware solutions that will improve operational reliability, safety and serviceability
- Research, select and manage vendors in the production of hardware devices
- Research and provide material science analysis for hardware
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues related to hardware interactions
- Oversee manufacturing & production operations as well as installation to provide high quality devices with little to no down time
- Perform modifications to hardware specifications as directed by management or engineering
- Document or review vendor documentation for newly created systems and create Standard Operating Procedure documentation as needed.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Networking required, Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years designing, specifying, acquiring, integrating and delivering quality devices at scale.
- Significant experience in networking including wired, wireless, near-field and radio networks; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong integration skills and able to coordinate multiple disciplines at the same time
- Advanced wired, wireless and radio networking skills
- Ability to integrate software and hardware solutions
- Travel 10%
- Significant vendor management.