AEG Worldwide is the world's leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world's largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG's divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
This Manager, Guest Services position is located at Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Home of the MN Timberwolves and MN Lynx.
Responsible for providing excellent guest service at all Target Center events by planning, monitoring, directing, delegating, and managing all functions of the Guest Services department. This position requires a flexible work schedule, which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays. The individual in this role must have prior experience working with large volumes of employees and guests. They may also serve as event manager for certain assigned events.
- Hire, train, and supervise part-time staff of ushers, ticket-takers, guest service representatives, and supervisors who will maintain and support Target Center's positive brand standards and reputation for guest services.
- Conduct planning, staff, and operational meetings as required, ensuring smooth coordination of Guest Services activities.
- Meet with Event Managers and clients to assist with planning events. Collaborate with Security department to establish event staffing needs.
- Work with Guest Services staff in managing large crowds under constantly changing event environments.
- Manage and assign employees in all areas of responsibility, including but not limited to working at all entrances, event level, main and upper concourses and public elevators.
- Make immediate decisions and communicate with Guest Services staff in emergency situations.
- Maintain open communications between tenants, contractors, employees, and facility guests as it relates to the Guest Services staff.
- Review and recommend day-to-day operational policies and procedures for the department.
- Research, review, recommend and maintain equipment, materials, and supplies required for the Guest Services Department.
- Maintain inventory of related equipment and prepare budget input regarding the use of equipment in the Guest Services area.
- Schedule first aid services; Help establish and maintain first aid policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education)
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in a related field
- 3-5 years of customer service and event staff/planning experience in a sports or live entertainment facility.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Capable of supervising both internal and contracted (external) event staff members.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to maintain an appearance that conveys professionalism during work hours, particularly during events.
- Ability to stand or otherwise remain stationary and walk or otherwise move about for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push or otherwise move 30 lbs.
- Ability to work long irregular hours for an extended period as dictated by events and schedule. This will include weekends and holidays.
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Experience with ABI Master Mind workforce management system.
- Experience with ISS 24/7 Incident Management System.