You will be responsible for overseeing performance marketing for Canada focused on new customer acquisition. You will work closely with the channel managers across the following marketing channels (Paid Search, Paid Social, Display, Online video, Affiliate and email channels) and product channels (Referrals, SEO, App Store Optimization). You will be responsible for deploying our Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) across all performance marketing channels to meet our new customer acquisition goals, while optimizing for high quality customers and maximizing ROI based on our budget. You’ll be working with cross functional partners on Marketing Strategy and Operations, Finance, Creative, Analytics, BI, Marktech and Product to build financial forecasting, develop hard-working creative assets, and build tools & dashboarding to better analyze and automate campaign performance. In addition to acquiring and retaining customers to our core marketplace business, you’ll also be responsible for using paid channels to develop co-marketing initiatives with our largest merchant partners, and supporting new market launches within Canada.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage multi-million dollar monthly digital budgets for Canada across all performance marketing channels including Paid Search, Paid Social, Affiliate, Display, App Install Campaigns, SEO, Referrals
- Establish channel forecasts and budget recommendations, with the speed and ownership to adjust tactics and strategies quickly based on learnings and opportunities
- Work closely with agencies and in-house team to optimize media buying in effort to hit aggressive growth targets in a cost-effective manner
- Direct and manage agencies to achieve goals and ROI targets
- Maintain and monitor key metrics across channels including budget pacing, New Customers, LTV, and CAC
- Manage an experimentation roadmap to optimize performance including A/B creative tests, incrementality tests, and spend scaling tests
- Test new channels and technology to identify incremental audiences and inventory for accelerating growth
- Write creative briefs to define program objectives and KPIs
- Work closely with the other teams and stakeholders to ensure goals are met
We’re excited about you because…
You’re a results-oriented and data-driven performance marketer with demonstrated experience managing multiple paid advertising agencies and in-house teams/campaigns. You take a customer-centric approach, and you’re passionate about doing what’s right for our customers and brand. You are highly analytical and count A/B testing, optimizing customer acquisition costs, and analyzing campaign performance among your core competencies. You have experience leading teams and communicating effectively cross-functionally and upward to c-level stakeholders. Most importantly, you are eager to roll up your sleeves to find opportunities and efficiencies in a fast-moving company at the forefront of on-demand food ordering. Also, you probably love food.
- 5-7 years of related performance marketing and/or consulting experience
- Deep familiarity with CPA, CPC, CPM, and LTV
- Highly proficient in Excel / Google Sheets, as well as a strong grasp of funnel analytics, A/B testing, and metrics driven performance marketing
- Proficiency in SQL
- Deep understanding of organic and paid marketing channels
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations for senior executives
- Bias to action to achieve success in a fast moving environment
- Strong analytical background
- Passion for Marketing. You stay up to date on the industry, platforms and changes as they roll out.
- BA/BS degree
- Experience with Web & App Tracking/Attribution
- Experience working on multi-sided marketplace businesses
- Bilingual in English/French
- Interest and passion in on-demand logistics and the food space
- Experience in managing large consumer marketplaces
- Quirky talents and interests!
- Analytical mindset, structured thinking - you get excited when insights jump out of the data
- Strategic and business-mindset - you find trends in your data and look for the “so what”
- Creativity and collaboration - you love working with a team and creatively solving challenging problems
- Fun - you enjoy what you do and want to build strong relationships with the team!