It is the primary responsibility of the Corporate Entertainment Marketing team to deliver unique, memorable, and world class entertainment experiences to our guests, employees, and partners, while delivering consistent, innovative, and efficient operations. It is the primary responsibility of the Entertainment Group & Premium Sales Manager is to sell and service suite & premium products at Mandalay Bay Events Center, Las Vegas Village, Las Vegas Festival Grounds, and Park Theatre. The manager shall also be responsible for group ticket inventory on all properties including T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas Village, Las Vegas Festival Grounds, Mandalay Bay Events Center, Grand Garden Arena, and Park Theatre, and secondary responsibilities with the Las Vegas Aces. Responsibilities will vary by venue based on existing third-party contracts and relationships. This position will develop and maintain sales plans and strategy for achieving targets through individual account plans and solutions. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and MGM Resorts International policies and procedures and legal requirements. At all times, must ensure the goals and interest of the department, division and all MGM Resorts International properties (individually and collectively) are upheld and preserved.
- Responsible for the solicitation and implementation of plan for sales (group tickets and premium tickets) where applicable.
- Liaise and communicate with venue GM’s and Box office teams so all parties are aware of and prepared for upcoming groups. Serves as a liaison for all entertainment property partnerships including AEG, SBE, and other venue partners. In addition, manager shall serve as a liaison with MGMRI and partner hotels for incoming convention and social groups.
- Create persuasive sales pitches and close contracts, managing process from lead generation through contract signature. Negotiate and execute contract to achieve fair value for both MGM Resorts and client.
- Participate in events, promotions, client entertainment and other activities as required.
- Develop new and grow existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Identify and develop opportunities to maximize revenue by selling all facets of the entertainment division.
- Collaborate with ticket operations department to ensure inventory integrity and high levels of service, including monitoring and yielding ticket prices based on demand.
- Research, recognize, and actively pursue incoming opportunities to sell all sized groups for tickets and premium seating opportunities. Generate new leads externally and internally to broaden scope of group initiatives. Takes an active role part in all facets of the industry, including attending and representing division and corporation at trade related functions.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Hotel Management, Business Administration or relevant field, or equivalent education and work experience in a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in sales, marketing, events, advertising, media or other relevant area required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient with computers and MS Office (Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- Experience working in hospitality or a related field.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.