Job Title: GSPP Manager - PlasticSee More
About the team:
The Stanley Black & Decker Global Procurement & Strategic Sourcing team is our strategic sourcing organization focused on leveraging the companys scale to achieve the best possible price, quality, service, and delivery among all categories of spend. In addition, the team maintains close alignment with the businesses to support overall strategies.
About the job: Manager, Global Procurement & Strategic Sourcing - Plastic
Stanley Black & Decker has an opportunity for a Manager, Global Procurement & Strategic Sourcing - Plastic. This position will help manage the $275M global Plastic category. This individual will be an integral part of the Corporate Global Procurement & Strategic Sourcing, which manages $9.5B+ annual spend in a matrix environment for a multinational company with $14.5B in revenues. The position bears global responsibility; however, the region of focus is mainly North America. This individuals responsibility will include delivering productivity, managing contract negotiations, and driving working capital gains. Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) is our organizations continued focus, which drives service, quality, innovation, and price. Pulsing of market conditions to best manage price is also necessary. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of Experience in Plastic commodity leadership, purchasing, operations leadership and/or project management.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Key Manager within the Corporate Global Procurement & Strategic Sourcing team that manages $275M Plastic spend, in a team of $1.4B+ Commodities spend, and $9.5B total spend in a matrix environment as part of a $14.5B multinational company.
• Manage Plastic spend and the related supply base in support of plant, division, and corporate goals (Service, Quality, Cost, Working Capital, Innovation etc.)
• Work closely with the Businesses/Plants to identify and execute strategic sourcing plans to achieve annual cost savings of 5%+ for this category.
• Negotiate contracts on behalf of the company with Year-Over-Year (YOY) productivity expectations.
• Lead and support tariff mitigation initiatives.
• Conduct business reviews with key suppliers.
• Plan and implement a strategy to meet individual and team commitments.
• Maintain broad knowledge of worldwide market trends on assigned commodities.
• Effectively lead and communicate at all levels within the company.
• Work closely with people (Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Legal, Logistics, etc) across the company to drive success.
Education or experience sought:
• 4-year degree required; a Masters degree is desirable.
• 5+ years of experience in engineering and/or sourcing of Plastics.
• Strong technical and commercial experience in related products.
• Strong sourcing and negotiation skills demonstrated.
• International Experience desirable.
• Effective leadership and facilitation demonstrated.
• Consistently exhibits SBD Values: Accountability, Integrity, Courage, Innovation, Inclusivity, Collaboration, Agility, and Performance.
• Makes and meets commitments...a winner.
• Global and North America Travel - 20%
In addition to the prestige of joining a truly world-class organization, as a member of the Stanley Black & Decker team, youll enjoy a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and solid opportunities for growth.
Why Stanley Black & Decker (SBD)?
• Stanley Black & Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
• Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - SBD is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
• Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come
• Foster growth and professional development capabilities - Because we are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, youll have the opportunity to explore different roles. Plus, our continued growth constantly creates new advancement opportunities.
• Be recognized & rewarded - We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward contributions.
• At Stanley Black & Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for it.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
FLSA (For US Only)
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or any other protected characteristic.
Featured Category on SBD Careers
Supply Management & Operations
Show Virtual Roles
Valid through: 11/12/2021