Manages all aspects of Rural Utilities Service (RUS) and/or Department of Energy (DOE) loans including filing new loan applications, closing of new loans, requesting loan advances and periodic loan audits. Coordinates with Capital Projects & Technical Services, Controllers group and in-house and outside legal counsel for advances under government loans. Also coordinates with Georgia Power Company (GPC) for DOE loan compliance matters. Works closely with Vice President, Treasurer to respond to information requests from governmental lenders.
Manages all debt compliance reporting requirements under all government loans, the Indenture, and bank credit facilities for OPC and Smarr EMC. Requires frequent interaction with executive and senior staff at OPC to ensure corporation is in compliance with all loan covenants, representations and warranties and loan agreement reporting requirements.
- Manages preparation and submittal of loan applications for generation system improvements and new generation resources. Participates in loan closings and maintains loan documentation and loan records. Assists with due diligence requests from RUS and DOE by obtaining information from numerous OPC departments and providing responses. Assists with Freedom of Information Act requests received by governmental lenders.
- Manages loan advance process by obtaining budgeted and actual expenditure data from Capital Projects & Technical Services and Controllers groups, respectively, and coordinating with outside consultants and legal counsel to prepare and submit loan advance requests. Also ensures that property additions (i.e., OPC's real and personal property) are recorded, certified and pledged to Indenture trustee to serve as collateral in support of issuance of secured debt (from the government and other secured lenders). Coordinates with Planning, Controllers, Capital Projects & Technical Services and GPC for loan advance submittals to DOE. Works closely with legal counsel (in-house and outside) and GPC for certifications and deliverables to be provided with each DOE loan advance request.
- Ensures compliance with all reporting requirements under loan agreements. Responsible for reviewing new or revised federal regulations applicable to RUS and DOE loan programs and incorporating in procedure or communicating to others. Responsible for timely mailing of all debt compliance certifications, financial statements and required notices. Ensures compliance requirements under loan agreements are incorporated into Corporate Compliance Program. Manages annual compliance audits. Manages debt compliance program to ensure all Program owners (i.e., "subject matter experts") understand debt compliance and reporting requirements assigned to them and prepares detailed loan agreement inventories to assist in this regard. Manages quarterly debt compliance process through frequent interaction with subject matter experts and obtains their sub-certifications in support of executive and senior staff certification to lenders. Communicates with lenders in response to compliance requirements. Coordinates with GPC and DOE for DOE loan compliance requirements. Prepares draft board resolutions for RUS matters requiring board approval.
- Manages Financial Analyst II - provides daily direction, oversight of activities and conducts performance reviews. Conducts training and professional development.
- Provides management and oversight of all administrative debt compliance activities performed by Assistant Cash Manager and Executive Staff Assistant.
- Participation in special projects relating to various corporate activities including close coordination with Director, Corporate Compliance, Capital Projects &Technical Services and Controller groups.
- Responsible for developing RUS and DOE debt assumptions pertaining to capital budget. Reviews Treasury reports specific to capital budget and recommends process improvements in collaboration with Capital Projects & Technical Service.
Education: BA/BS or M.B.A. in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
Experience: Minimum 7 years with BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field; some management experience strongly preferred.
Equivalent Experience: 10 years of responsibility in finance, accounting, or banking.