Reporting directly to the Manager, Customer Operations, North America, this position will implement pricing and contracting strategies by synthesizing customer, industry and competitive insights and intelligence to guide in collaboration with Government team.
In addition, this role will develop and oversee customer analytics (pricing / contracting analytics to support customer negotiations) and the administrative functions (developing and submitting RFP’s and RFI’s, developing and managing a forward looking bid calendar, updating and maintaining materials and minutes for contracting and pricing activities).
This role will lead the development of innovative contracting strategies and processes in conjunction with multiple internal and external stakeholders. In coordination with the Sales Management, Marketing, Finance, Contract Administration and Legal this role will turn external insights into actionable strategies that help to create value across the customer continuum.
This is a high impact role that works across the organization to support Ansell’s commercial efforts and sales strategies through comprehensive commercial contract and pricing solutions that maximize business impact and value
RESPONSIBILITIES & SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Define the appropriate structure, processes and team to execute a strategic contracting and pricing plan to win a higher percent of contracts. Execute Ansell’s sales objectives and maximize profitability while gaining market share.
- Run the “Bid Desk” and develop the appropriate processes and standards.
- Work in close collaboration with Finance to translate product pricing strategies into customer specific/segment/tier pricing strategies and other relevant metrics / guardrails into appropriate contracting frameworks. Create pricing matrices and manage and update the pricing calculator.
- Lead the development and refinement of innovative and standard contracting strategies across Ansell Industrial North America, in collaboration with Sales Management, Sales Operations, Marketing, Finance and Legal teams.
- The position is responsible to develop a process to achieve mastery of the bid calendar across the appropriate customer segments. Establishes and maintains tracking databases to provide summary information on potential and existing contracts.
- Partner with field leadership for customer interactions on strategy deployment and negotiation support. Develop and submit RFPs, RFIs, and other complex proposals ensuring pricing and terms conform to guidelines and format is in accordance with Ansell policies and procedures
- Provides updates to sales and senior management in the areas of contract performance with services provided. Develop tools and dashboards to evaluate strategy deployment and reports for senior management.
- Develop a customer analytics process (and/or team) aimed at preparing customer quarterly business reviews (QBRs) for Sales Management, conducting program-wide post mortem analysis to understand deal / strategy effectiveness, customer profitability, price parity and ad-hoc analysis.
- Establish and oversee contracting governance process and policies.
- Establish and oversee a contracting and pricing process with Legal, Finance, Marketing, Contracting Administration, Sales Leadership and other key stakeholders.
- In collaboration with marketing, closely monitor the changing customer and competitor landscape, turning insights into actionable and appropriate strategies based on customer segmentation.
- Expand knowledge and experience by regular engagement with key stakeholders to understand business processes, policies, strategies and evolving business trends.
Education: A minimum of a BS/BA is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the same or related role is required. This can be offer development, financial analysis, or national account management. Experience in government sales is preferred.
- Experience and understanding of offer development and/or contracting with GPO’s and IDN’s is preferred.
- Proven ability to successfully influence without direct authority in a matrix environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Desirable Job Competencies
- Self-starter and strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to implement strategies based on competitive dynamics, economic goals, and customer needs. Ability to develop sound strategies with imperfect data.
- A demonstrated working knowledge of the end-to-end contract continuum (pricing/contract strategies through contract administration).
- Ability to use detailed financial analyses and high-level pattern recognition to drive performance. Demonstrated attention to detail, detail orientation and mastery of Excel and other business intelligence platforms required.
- Ability to influence others and create alignment in a multi-stakeholder environment is critical to success.
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution capabilities, strong program management capabilities and business case analysis skills are also required.
- Strong leadership, influencing skills and the ability to partner with and manage diverse teams is required. Strong communication and presentation capabilities, knowledge of Ansell Medical businesses, financial regulations, contracting and health care compliance are also required.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments and ability to manage complexity is required.
- Ability to understand and interpret legal contractual terms so as to be an effective intermediary between Ansell’s legal team and the customer.