At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcaretechnology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
The Manager Global Supplier Performance is responsible for leading a team of engineers focused on improving incoming product quality and overall supplier performance. The Manager of Global Supplier Performance will also support new product introduction activities to optimize the supply chain for new product launches.
- Engage suppliers in early design development stages (ESI)
- Champion Df(x) activities with supplier
- Ensure components and the associated supplier processes are evaluated and risk mitigation is in place prior to a new design or design change is transferred in production
- Identification of key or special process required to support critical components
- Assessment of supplier operations and process controls, verification and validation activities, to determine risk to Spacelabs and then identifying and implementing risk mitigation plans commensurate with the level of risk.
- Manage and ensure timely closure of supplier change requests
- Support supplier quality engineering with defect investigations, root cause analysis, correction and preventive actions
- Analyze supplier capability to support supplier selection
- Assist supplier quality in the creation and enforcement of quality agreements
- Follow all departmental and corporate policies, procedures and work instructions
- Responsible for process, procedure and policy creation and deployment
- Uphold the Company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company's Code of Ethics and Conduct. Ensure that direct reports) are trained and evaluated on their knowledge and adherence to the Company's values, Code of Ethics and Conduct, and applicable compliance policies
- Manage, evaluate and develop team of employees to meet functional deliverables and responsibilities. Complete company people management requirements. Exhibit manager core competencies
- It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in supply chain, quality or manufacturing with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory or management role
- Ability to work cross functionally within the organization and across a multinational supply chain
- Experience in the medical device industry desirable
- Knowledge of QMS requirements and international standards preferred
- Must have working knowledge in Lean/Six Sigma; certification a plus
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to organize data from multiple sources, extracting key information and effectively communicating results
- Must be able to complete job responsibilities working with different time zone needs such as attending late night/early morning meetings by phone and/or web to meet business needs
- Domestic and international travel; must be able to acquire all necessary travel documents