SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Global Sales & Marketing (GSM) Continuous Improvement Manager will act as a leader within our Global Sales & Marketing Business to:
Drive the continuous improvement function strategically and globally, while taking into account the global impact of local activities and decisions.
Identify opportunities, scope projects, track benefits, and allocate resources to achieve productivity, quality and service improvement targets aligned with business priorities, financial improvements, and customer experience.
Demonstrate awareness, knowledge and guidance of LeanSix Sigma principles, methodologies and tools throughout the organization.
Ensure appropriate strategic deployment metrics and key process indicators are in place and being utilized by the LSS Team.
Directly, or in partnership with their direct line managers, select, train, assign, direct and manage the activities of a team of Lean/Six Sigma Continuous Improvement Project Managers. Ensure they are employing prescribed LeanSix Sigma methodologies and techniques, and have clear project charters and objectives.
Partner with functional and sales leaders throughout GSM in identifying potential business for process and productivity improvements throughout the organization.
Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders and sales leaders to establish an understanding of the challenges and barriers they face in utilizing LeanSix Sigma, while maintaining the importance of Rockwell Automation’s engagement in Lean Enterprise.
Lead standardization of business processes and replication of process improvements globally.
Provides leadership (may be indirect) for the GSM Lean/Six Sigma Continuous Improvement resources. Sets goals, instills a sense of urgency, drives problems toward resolution, and redirects efforts as needed.
Possess the ability to balance tactical day to day responsibilities while ensuring focus on strategic initiatives and the long term success of the business.
Ensures achievement of AOP goals and objectives
Manages the financial performance of initiatives and takes appropriate steps to correct shortfalls
Adept in using financial analytics for business decisions
Defines success metrics and holds self and others accountable to them
Provides input to key leadership positions about process improvement opportunities.
Acts as an ambassador of driving a Process Improvement culture throughout the business and organization.
Leverages the capabilities, ideas and processes within the team, across organizational boundaries, and across global boundaries.
Collaborates with and manages multiple stakeholders including functional process owners as well as global sales leadership.
Stays current with direction of business unit and develops continuous improvement strategies that ensures productivity in changing business environment
Consistently moves problems toward resolution and helps others do the same
Committed to developing strong relationships and collaborative partnerships
Potential for global travel up to 10% per year
Holds passion for leading and developing teams
Presents updates to senior leadership on progress towards goals
- Exhibits strong ethical values and drives this behavior in others
- Adept at leading change and managing through ambiguity
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of eight years of experience with Manufacturing or Services industry with a focus in business process improvement.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt Certified or higher
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Quality, or Operations Management
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Master Black Belt, Black Belt (DMAIC or DFSS) or Lean certification
- Project Management Professional certification
- Demonstrated strong leadership capability, change leader and driving project success individually and through their direct and indirect reports.
- Exhibit a high level of energy and possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on Project Management and mentor experience.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proven cross-functional / global leadership, coaching and influence skills.
- Prior experience in sales and sales processes; either direct or in a salessupport function
- Strong business / financial acumen
- P&L and general financial understanding
- Business experience on a global scale