Manager, Global Product Support (Santa Monica, CA)
This position offers an exciting opportunity in a dynamic internet software company with an intelligent workforce. The Application Support Manager will have direct responsibility for ensuring day-to-day success of our clients in using Cornerstone’s applications, through ensuring success of the Global Product Support team they are leading.
The Application Support Manager will have a component of their work as an individual contributor role through analyzing and resolving complex functional and technical questions and issues encountered by our clients through support over the phone and through electronic communication. More importantly, the Application Support Manager will provide day-to-day managerial leadership of a sub-team within the Global Product Support team to help achieve the team and company goals on client service. Anideal candidate will contribute to providing outstanding and innovative leadership to the Global Product Support team by creating a culture of performance and achievement.
This position requires a talented individual that excels in leadership, mentoring, comprehensive problem analysis, software support, customer service, managing team metrics, and driving success through motivating others.
We are looking for candidates with some software application support experience, advancedtroubleshooting and problem analysis skills, excellent communication skills and superior customer service skills. Direct hands-on experience with the Cornerstone application is beneficial but notrequired.
Occasional travel may be required to meet with teams in other locations across the globe as needed. This role will report directly to the Director of Global Product Support and will be based in Santa Monica, California.
In this role you will…
- Provide oversight to Global Product Support Specialists to enable the team to maintain a highlevel of client satisfaction, in line with the Global Product Support team goals
- Daily operation and management of the Global Product Support team through effective use of resources, including scheduling, staffing and meeting/enhancing standard operating procedures. This includes involvement in hiring, developing and retaining talent in alignment with the Global Product Support talent strategy
- Serve as a Manager On Duty in an S1/S2 scenario or for client escalations
- Analyze and resolve complex level 3 service task with a strong focus on database manipulations
- Review and approve client escalations, including providing an informed, objective point of view on global prioritization of all escalated cases
- Responsible for team performance based on performance metrics. Analyze trends and reportout performance metrics to management on a regular basis
- Create/monitor SOP for support operations
- Develop and create job aids for Product Specialists and maintain an accurate internal knowledge base
- Coordinate and oversee the new hire onboarding program including coaching, guiding and supporting new hires
- Maintain a deep understanding of the Cornerstone application including the various features and configuration options to be able to provide the required guidance to Product Specialists
- Coach and provide specific suggestions to Product Specialists on troubleshooting software application issues and on responding in an accurate, professional, empathetic and timely manner
- Ensure proper, timely follow-up by Product Specialists in their sub-team on their cases, to ensure that service level agreements are met and client satisfaction overall is high
- Train, mentor and manage product specialists, including team meetings, performance management and professional development
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Information/Technology Management
- 6+ years’ experience with client-facing support services and team management
- Track record of achieving results through collaborating with multiple functions across a company and strong leadership skills
- Ability to innovate in a fast-growing work environment and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and sometimes highly-charged situations
- Project management, ability to break down bigger projects into smaller tasks and organize different resource to accomplish and deliver results.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) to do trend analysis and regular reporting of metrics
- Analytical – must possess the ability to understand clients’ business processes and workflows and translate them into system functionality to help clients meet their needs with existing system features
- Ability to grasp complex system workflows, to understand cause and effect for actions taken in a business process or software system. This skill is critical to troubleshooting issues todistinguish between user error and actual system defects
- Basic understanding of one or more of the following are beneficial but not required: programming language, HTML/content development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional etiquette
- Supportive team player
- Demonstrated success in managing, leading and developing people
- Flexible and adapts well to rapid change