We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference.
Since 1853, we’ve been passionate about innovation to meet people’s needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn’t last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values. We employ more than 17,000 people around the world – supporting great brands, including Levi’s®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to progress, authenticity and collaboration.
We are looking for a Manager, Global Policy & Advocacy to manage the development and delivery of environmental sustainability public policy and stakeholder engagement initiatives to support LS&Co.’s business and strengthen our reputation. You will advance LS&Co's business interests; preserve and enhance our corporate and brand reputations; strengthen our sustainability agenda; and enhance senior leadership and stakeholder effectiveness.
About the job:
- Manage the implementation of LS&Co.'s advocacy program on environmental public policy issues, focusing on the areas of water, climate, chemistry, animal welfare, and circular economy.
- Advance LS&Co.'s global stakeholder engagement in the areas of environmental sustainability (e.g., UN Global Compact, UN Fashion Charter, ZDHC Roadmap, etc.).
- Manage environmental sustainability crisis and risk mitigation issues to maintain and strengthen LS&Co.'s reputation (e.g., Changing Markets viscose campaign, Greenpeace Detox, PETA leather, etc.
- Advocate LS&Co.'s product safety priorities with a focus on the EU and U.S. markets. Monitor product safety legislation and new regulations and work with the business to identify impacts and strategies to mitigate negative impact.
- Collaborate with business and other functions in Corporate Affairs to ensure consistency of message and advocacy priorities.
Experience: 5-7 years experience in the private sector working on government affairs and public policy initiatives. Leader level knowledge, skills and expertise in the areas of government affairs, public policy, and stakeholder engagement.
- Strategy: Create, impact, and translate social and environment sustainability public policy strategies based on insights, research, and data and planning. Clear understanding of external stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Seasoned Judgment: Develop accurate conclusions based on context, facts, experience, intuition and stakeholder needs. Ability to make tough decisions quickly.
- Assessment Knowledge: Ability to design and statistically analyze public policy initiatives in the area of social and environmental sustainability.
- Communications: Outstanding ability to effectively communicate, with expertise in social and environmental sustainability public policy and stakeholder engagement at all of levels of LS&Co. and our external organizations. Excellent track record evaluating and providing direction to develop clear, credible, innovative and appropriate communication.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Strong ability to build critical relationships with key external stakeholders and with the insights and expertise to know if/when and how to engage.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social science. An advanced degree in international relations, public policy and/or international economics preferred.