The Global Operations Support group provides technical and process leadership to global operations staff across all data center facilities. Group directly interfaces with regional operations support, product management, customer success, IT and other cross-functional organizations to provide a globally consistent and positive customer experience.
Global Operations Support team is seeking a highly motivated leader with excellent decision making and problem-solving skills. The candidate for this role would ideally have operations experience in a data center environment or telecommunications background.
This role will require engaging directly with business stakeholders across all regions to gather, assess, identify impact to business, recommend process improvements and drive solutions related to product delivery and data integrity at Equinix IBXs.
This position works closely with the IT organization and product management teams in two separate but closely related areas. First, data management that represents customer’s products and services delivered at Equinix IBXs, ensuring validity and accuracy of that data. Second, development of operational requirements and tool-sets to be able to support new and changing customer products.
Manages a team of supervisors or direct reports in own business area, overseeing team development and training, managing budgets and assigning and prioritizing workflow.
- Manages a team of individuals focusing on data triaging, development of tools that ensure accuracy and validity of data representing physical assets as well as others that focus on operations requirements in developing customer’s products and services
- Oversees team development to ensure team is functional; trains supervisors or others in own area of expertise (e.g., training on systems, products, and processes)
- Leads cross-functional process design (e.g., end-to-end fulfillment and support processes), partnering with mid-level technical professional team members within own and other teams and integrating information about Equinix as a business to improve processes/products being offered
- Oversees overall impact, analyzing both positive and negative business impact of processes and making recommendations to senior management around potential direction based on analysis (e.g., analysis of key performance indicators, internal incident reports, daily performance reporting)
- Oversees overall budget entire team (and sub-teams within), maintaining, tracking and reporting results to senior leadership
- Provides overarching project direction, understanding interdependencies and prioritizing projects (from a tactical perspective) across teams
Technical Skill Application
- Assigns and directs supervisors to assist team members with technical work, as needed
- 10+ years experience of relevant work experience in technical support, business analysis, and managing cross-functional projects
- Operations or Process Improvement
- Knowledge of telecommunications and Internet technologies and systems
- Possess solid time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Effective communication skills to present findings and translate data issues
- Excellent written and spoken interpersonal communication skills with sensitivity to a global audience
- Reliability, diligence and excellent organization skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to travel domestically and Internationally up to several weeks at a time
- Siebel experience a plus