To implement processes and methods that will align global manufacturing facilities in the achievement of high standards of product conformity to Customer technical and legal requirements.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement EnerSys guide-lines for Operations Quality Procedures across all regions such as: Approval of first parts produced, Layered audits, Operations Process and Product Audits, Control Plans, Statistical Process Controls, Test and Measurement.
- Analyze and align shop floor process control systems across sister factories. Implement practical systems for shop floor process control that ensure visibility and corporate oversight as well as drive measured savings.
- Implement EnerSys guide-lines and tools for scrap data collection, their stratification and root cause analysis. Work with the plants to ensure adoption of these methods globally.
- Align with EOS (EnerSys Operating System) initiative and support the execution and replication of cost reduction projects
- Review finished goods testing, with a focus on customer applications and reliability, work with Engineering and manufacturing authorities to make recommended test plan updates.
- Support the implementation of new production processes, product launches, and plant expansions through execution of qualification activities and/or providing training to plant operators, supervisors, department heads, and Quality staff.
- Assess Quality Competencies at plant level with identification of training needs to be fulfilled in cooperation with Corporate and Plant leadership
- Promote customer claims management through systematic use of EOS tools and the 8D reporting – drive this thinking throughout the organization and at levels within manufacturing
- Demonstrated statistical Quality and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated change management and/or work within a large scale project that resulted in process and culture change
- Foreign language skills (Spanish) a plus
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to clearly communicate both written and orally when dealing with employees, customers, and outside vendors
- Available to travel as needed 25-40%
- Must have 5+ years of Manufacturing Quality Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline
Job Location Reading, Pennsylvania, United States Department Quality Position Type Full-Time/Regular