The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best-known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are staffed by a senior team of classically trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels. Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
We are looking for a Manager, Global Logistics Planning to lead and direct a team of planners who are responsible to ensure product moves on time, on budget and on expectation from our overseas production locations to our client’s destinations globally. This role will actively collaborate cross functionally, across global regions and with our supply chain partners to ensure we have the best technology, processes and controls in place to enable proactive anticipation, contingency management and problem solving for supply chain issues with the least amount of cost and disruption. A focus on continual improvement through process, metrics and technology will be critical for success. We have a passion for our people and their development; this dynamic leader will be required to create an environment that enables learning and growth through experience and stretch opportunities. This role is also responsible for accurate financial management and reporting for our global logistics category spend which is currently +$70 million annually.
- Accountable to ensure all product is planned and delivered on time and on budget from our production locations to customer destinations worldwide.
- Collaborate and innovate with teams across the organization (Freight Management, Creative, Promotions, Finance & Production Operations) to ensure required capacity, production, and inventory plans are achieved. Ensure operational efficiencies reach across all channels of the supply chain.
- Develop/Drive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to create a transparent, agile and competitively advantaged supply chain.
- Develop launch strategies for new customers and channels, ensuring a path that allows us to move quickly while improving margin over time.
- Provide input to support strategy, implementation and continual improvement of SC technology and systems that will provide real time information, transparency, data visualization & insights to support strategic and organizational decision making.
- Direct People Management for a team of global logistics planners based in the NA geographic region, potential dotted line accountability for teams in Europe and Asia.
- Hire, train and develop talent to support global operations and drive increased value and growth for our client. Build capabilities in operational teams to ensure seamless transition of project execution and results. Coach and mentor team members to ensure consistent team development and growth.
- Manage relationships, service level agreements and performance of our 3PL partners for your designated region.
- Be Accountable for financial management including budget setting and proactive management of costs for assigned logistics spend categories.
- Understand relevant industry conditions and dynamics. Proactively anticipate issues and create action plans to create advantage and/or mitigate risk with supply chain service partners.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required with preferred concentration in Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, or Engineering; comparable work experience will be considered. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years prior supervisory/management experience / 10+ years direct experience in the logistics or supply chain industry
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated the ability to develop and implement complex business plans, manage resources, and analyze data
- Individual must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Strong customer orientation, and sense of ownership
- Ability to deal with complexity and manage ambiguity
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing and developing cross functional & global teams
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and communication skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders, lead and partner across functions and teams
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing priorities and projects.
- Previous experience managing relationships and performance for 3PL or warehousing vendors
- Ability to deal with Ambiguity and make analytical and fact based operational decisions to assure supply while managing risk for the organization
- Strong problem-solving and attention to detail
- Good analytical skills and the ability to understand and synthesize, analyze and visualize large volumes of data
- Six Sigma Black Belt / APICS certification a plus
- Project management skills/certification a plus
- Experience working in CPG; Food and beverage supply chain experiencepreferred
- Knowledge of integrated planning software & various ERP systems is preferred (SAP/Manu/JDE)
- Proven leadership with Inventory Planning, Demand Planning or Inventory Control preferred
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for TMS leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills
- Vocally self-aware and curious
- Results oriented
- Hires great people. Develops great people
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- You love learning, and it’s one of the things you do to make yourself better every single day
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.